Mercer Advisors is a comprehensive wealth management firm serving individuals, families, endowments, and foundations. As one of the few firms who can deliver on a full-suite of wealth management capabilities, Mercer Advisors helps our clients with customized financial planning, investment management, proactive tax planning and preparation, retirement planning, estate planning, and corporate trustee services. Our staff of over 800 employees includes advisor teams across ~80 offices who collaborate with specialists including investment strategists, estate lawyers, CPAs, and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professionals, to deliver an integrated standard of financial care for our clients.
Reporting to and working in close collaboration with the Director of the Retirement Plan Group (RPG) to manage the RPG operations and oversee provider activities. This position will support existing retirement plan business, assist advisors with retirement plans transitions, as well as support new business. Also, this position oversees participant communication.
Essential Job Functions:
Build out and manage critical operations for our existing $3B retirement business:
- Work with service providers (recordkeepers and TPAs) on sales proposals and comparing bids
Develop bandwidth for our Wealth advisors with retirement plans:
- Facilitate onboarding process with recordkeepers and TPAs to transition plans or provide middle/back-office support to enable wealth advisors to free up bandwidth in their portfolios
- Scope includes taking on:
- Balance forward to daily valuation conversions
- SIMPLE IRA to 401k and Profit-Sharing conversions
- Bundled to Unbundled; or Unbundled to Bundled Recordkeeping/Administration
Service provider liaison
- Implement investment line ups with service providers: ensure model changes are updated at each service provider
- Point person to trouble shoot with advisors and deliver seamless client experiences (e.g., amending plans, login / fee questions, participant balances)
- Integrating M&A firms by helping with onboarding to Mercer RPG
Serve existing and new clients profitably while providing world class client experience:
- Implement new plan offering initiatives including Pooled Employer Plans and startup plan solutions
- Develop processes for mining participant pool for wealth management opportunities and ensure seamless handoffs
- Assist with development of plan sponsor and participant thought leadership (content library for marketing, fiduciary training)
Participant education: review existing and develop communications materials, (in conjunction with Marketing/Compliance); participate in providing unique large plan (1000+ employee) customized education and communications strategies
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years preferred in the retirement plan space
- RPAG experience preferred
- Ability to align and unify ALL stakeholders to a shared vision and a common focus
- Ability to simplify complex issues and communicate them to advisors and clients clearly and concisely.
- Results-oriented individual with proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and proactive with the ability to play a leadership role on a team
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical, organizational and project management skills
- Product and project management skills; business judgment, including ability to balance resources, evaluate and address risks, and concisely articulate where trade-off decisions are to be made
- High attention to detail and the ability to see things through from concept to implementation
- Client facing experience with a history of high client satisfaction
Work Schedule: Business hours Monday through Friday, schedule will vary as needed by the business and per terms of the role.
Working Conditions: Professional office environment. Working inside. Standing and sitting. Will be assigned to a workstation. No heavy lifting over 10 lbs.
Compensation is commensurate with experience, education, and skills. Average annual salary range for this position across our locations is: $65,000 to $85,000.
Mercer Advisors offers a competitive and robust benefit package to our employees. Our benefit programs are focused on meeting all of our employees and their eligible dependents health and welfare needs. We offer the following:
- Company Paid Basic Life & AD&D Insurance is up to 2x your total compensation up to a maximum of $375,000
- Company Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Life & AD&D; Short-Term Disability; Accident; Critical Illness; and Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- Three medical plans offerings including two High Deductible Health Plans and a Traditional Co-Pay medical plan
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with company contributions on a per pay period basis if enrolled in either HDHP medical plan
- Two comprehensive Dental Plans
- Vision Insurance Plan
- Dependent Care Savings Account for child and dependent care
- 14 Company Paid Holidays with a full week off at Thanksgiving
- Paid Time Off programs – accrued vacation of 15 days (3 weeks) and accrued sick of 10 days (2 weeks) per service year
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Family Medical Leave
- Paid Parental Leave (6 weeks)
- Maternity benefits utilizing company paid STD, any supplemental STD, plus Parental Leave (6 weeks) to provide time for recovery, baby bonding, and enjoying your family time
- Adoption Assistance Reimbursement Program
- Company Paid Concierge Services for you and your loved ones for the spectrum of caring needs for your aging parents, young children, life’s challenges and more
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with both Traditional and Roth plans with per pay period match
- Pet Insurance
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting.
Mercer Advisors provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to age, color, disability, gender, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, physical or mental disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other characteristic protected by law in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws. Mercer Advisors provides equal employment opportunity in all aspects of employment and employee relations, including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff, compensation, benefits, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.