Mercer Advisors is a comprehensive wealth management firm serving individuals, families, endowments, and foundations. As one of the few firms who can deliver on a full-suite of wealth management capabilities, Mercer Advisors helps our clients with customized financial planning, investment management, proactive tax planning and preparation, retirement planning, estate planning, and corporate trustee services. Our staff of over 800 employees includes advisor teams across ~80 offices who collaborate with specialists including investment strategists, estate lawyers, CPAs, and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professionals, to deliver an integrated standard of financial care for our clients.
The Regional Vice President is responsible for growing our RIA referral platform. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with our channel partners, with the focus on driving sales momentum for one of our financial planning teams. The Regional Vice President will work in a client-focused, team-centered environment in unison with Managing Directors to service the needs of the firm’s high net worth clients.
Essential Job Functions for the Regional Vice President will include:
- Partnering with Financial Consultants and Branch Managers to build strong relationships
- Fostering positive channel partner relationships as ambassador of Mercer Advisors
- Growing and cultivating an assigned region through frequent visits to branch offices, phone wholesaling, and ongoing communication with the express purpose of generating significant referrals
- Proactively initiating business development calls and identifying new sales opportunities
- Meeting directly with channel referral prospects via in-person and phone/video meetings with the express purpose of bringing in a significant volume of new clients and billable assets under management
- Working with Client Service units to develop client referral relationships including meeting with referrals via in-person and phone/video meetings and ultimately closing opportunities
- Providing insight and information to become a valuable resource and partner
- Implementing company policies and procedures
- Ensuring adherence to company standards
- Performing other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years of successful sales experience in the financial services industry
- Series 65 or Series 66 license required unless candidate holds one of the following credentials: Certified Financial Planner™ (CFP®), Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC), Personal Financial Specialist (PFS), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Chartered Investment Consultant (CIC)
- CFP® (Certified Financial Planning) designation preferred
- Comprehensive industry and investment management knowledge
- Experience using CRM systems (Salesforce preferred)
- Excellent communication, presentation, listening and analytical skills
- Proven time management and organizational skills in high volume, high energy environments
- Experience determining the needs of partners and prospects through probing questions, offering solutions and asking for the right actions
- Strong computer aptitude with proficiency in MS Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Flexibility to travel up to 75%
Work Schedule: Position will include daytime and evening hours.
Working Conditions: Professional or home office environment. Traveling, standing and sitting. No heavy lifting over 20 lbs.
Mercer Advisors offers a competitive and robust benefit package to our employees. Our benefit programs are focused on meeting all of our employees and their eligible dependents health and welfare needs. We offer the following:
- Company Paid Basic Life & AD&D Insurance is up to 2x your total compensation up to a maximum of $375,000
- Company Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Life & AD&D; Short-Term Disability; Accident; Critical Illness; and Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- Three medical plans offerings including two High Deductible Health Plans and a Traditional Co-Pay medical plan
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with company contributions on a per pay period basis if enrolled in either HDHP medical plan
- Two comprehensive Dental Plans
- Vision Insurance Plan
- Dependent Care Savings Account for child and dependent care
- 14 Company Paid Holidays with a full week off at Thanksgiving
- Paid Time Off programs – accrued vacation of 15 days (3 weeks) and accrued sick of 10 days (2 weeks) per service year
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Family Medical Leave
- Paid Parental Leave (6 weeks)
- Maternity benefits utilizing company paid STD, any supplemental STD, plus Parental Leave (6 weeks) to provide time for recovery, baby bonding, and enjoying your family time
- Adoption Assistance Reimbursement Program
- Company Paid Concierge Services for you and your loved ones for the spectrum of caring needs for your aging parents, young children, life’s challenges and more
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with both Traditional and Roth plans with per pay period match
- Pet Insurance
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting.
Mercer Advisors provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to age, color, disability, gender, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, physical or mental disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other characteristic protected by law in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws. Mercer Advisors provides equal employment opportunity in all aspects of employment and employee relations, including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff, compensation, benefits, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.