Mercer Advisors is a comprehensive wealth management firm serving individuals, families, endowments, and foundations. As one of the few firms who can deliver on a full-suite of wealth management capabilities, Mercer Advisors helps our clients with customized financial planning, investment management, proactive tax planning and preparation, retirement planning, estate planning, and corporate trustee services. Our staff of over 800 employees includes advisor teams across ~80 offices who collaborate with specialists including investment strategists, estate lawyers, CPAs, and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professionals, to deliver an integrated standard of financial care for our clients.
Listening, educating and providing clarity to clients is what you love. Our ideal candidate thrives on being a trusted advisor, is passionate about helping others, has an entrepreneurial spirit and believes strongly in providing exceptional client service. As a Wealth Advisor, you will work in a client-focused, team-centered environment to support the team's region-wide client service and business development efforts. This is a salaried, non-sales financial planning/wealth management position. In this role, you will collaborate with subject matter experts nationwide and be part of one of the largest RIAs in the country.
Essential Job Functions for the Wealth Advisor will include:
- Function as the primary trusted advisor to the firms high net worth clients
- Ensure retention of the firms clients as well as generating referrals
- Support the teams Regional Vice Presidents and Managing Directors as a subject matter expert in the areas of investments, tax planning, pension planning, estate planning, insurance, retirement planning and general financial planning
- Provide cutting edge financial planning, tax, estate, and investment advice to the firms high net worth clients
- Analyze, draft, edit, and deliver comprehensive financial plans to clients
- Analyze prospective clients investment portfolios and financial planning to support RVPs in introducing new clients to the firm
- Manage client communications and follow-up with clients other advisors
- Ensure adherence to company standards of net new asset growth and retention
- Attend company workshops or lectures and speak to groups of potential clients when called upon
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum of 5 years of client-facing tax, wealth management or financial planning experience
- CFP® credential required or has advanced degree such as Masters degree in financial planning or tax.
- The following credentials may also be considered: Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC), Personal Financial Specialist (PFS), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Chartered Investment Consultant (CIC)
- Sales aptitude and experience is also highly desired
- Excellent communication, presentation, listening, and analytical skills
- Proven time management and organizational skills in high volume, high energy environments
- Strong knowledge of and the ability to present investment, finance, insurance, and tax planning concepts
- Must be a humble, entrepreneurial, hardworking team player with a positive, can do attitude
- Strong computer aptitude with proficiency in MS Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Ability to learn quickly and efficiently
Monday through Friday, 8:00AM – 5:00PM
Professional office environment, daytime hours, working inside, standing, and sitting, will be assigned to a work station, no heavy lifting over 10 lbs.
Compensation is commensurate with experience, education, and skills. Average annual salary range for this position across our locations is: $75,000 to $200,000.
Mercer Advisors offers a competitive and robust benefit package to our employees. Our benefit programs are focused on meeting all of our employees and their eligible dependents health and welfare needs. We offer the following:
- Company Paid Basic Life & AD&D Insurance is up to 2x your total compensation up to a maximum of $375,000
- Company Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Life & AD&D; Short-Term Disability; Accident; Critical Illness; and Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- Three medical plans offerings including two High Deductible Health Plans and a Traditional Co-Pay medical plan
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with company contributions on a per pay period basis if enrolled in either HDHP medical plan
- Two comprehensive Dental Plans
- Vision Insurance Plan
- Dependent Care Savings Account for child and dependent care
- 14 Company Paid Holidays with a full week off at Thanksgiving
- Paid Time Off programs – accrued vacation of 15 days (3 weeks) and accrued sick of 10 days (2 weeks) per service year
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Family Medical Leave
- Paid Parental Leave (6 weeks)
- Maternity benefits utilizing company paid STD, any supplemental STD, plus Parental Leave (6 weeks) to provide time for recovery, baby bonding, and enjoying your family time
- Adoption Assistance Reimbursement Program
- Company Paid Concierge Services for you and your loved ones for the spectrum of caring needs for your aging parents, young children, life’s challenges and more
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with both Traditional and Roth plans with per pay period match
- Pet Insurance
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting.
Mercer Advisors provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to age, color, disability, gender, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, physical or mental disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other characteristic protected by law in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws. Mercer Advisors provides equal employment opportunity in all aspects of employment and employee relations, including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff, compensation, benefits, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.