Mercer Advisors is a comprehensive wealth management firm serving individuals, families, endowments, and foundations. As one of the few firms who can deliver on a full-suite of wealth management capabilities, Mercer Advisors helps our clients with customized financial planning, investment management, proactive tax planning and preparation, retirement planning, estate planning, and corporate trustee services. Our staff of over 800 employees includes advisor teams across ~80 offices who collaborate with specialists including investment strategists, estate lawyers, CPAs, and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professionals, to deliver an integrated standard of financial care for our clients.
The primary focus of a Client Service Specialist is to provide excellent follow-through and operational support to the Wealth Management team in servicing and delivering on the needs of high net worth clients. As a Client Service Specialist, you will have a direct impact on the client experience and are vital to the success of the organization. You will be a member of a dynamic team in a collaborative, client-focused environment utilizing your exceptional organizational, communication and problem-solving skills.
Essential Job Functions include:
- Responsible for day-to-day operations and administrative support for one or more Wealth Advisor including answering inbound calls and email requests, scheduling and gathering client data for ongoing service processes
- Ensuring all paperwork and procedures for client requests are completed and adhere to compliance requirements
- Coordinating with internal operation departments to ensure client requests are fulfilled
- Managing client deposits
- Maintaining data integrity across all systems and updating as necessary
- Researching client issues in cooperation with back office operation partners
- Some duties can include if appropriate - onboarding new clients, processing transfer paperwork, setting up new accounts while coordinating with the wealth management team, custodians and Envestnet
- Other duties as needed
- High School diploma or equivalent. Bachelors degree preferred.
- Two to Four years of job related experience
- Financial services industry required
- Prior experience working in an office environment with a customer service focus helpful
- Notary designation a plus
- Eligible to pursue a CFP designation
- Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment while maintain client focus and demonstrating attention to detail
- Enjoy collaborating and building positive relationships internally with co-workers and externally with clients and business vendors
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills a must
- Strong MS Word, Excel, and Outlook skills required; prior use of CRM system (Salesforce) a plus
- Strong desire for continuous self-learning and professional growth
Monday through Friday, 8:00AM – 5:00PM
Professional office environment, daytime hours, working inside, standing, and sitting, will be assigned to a work station, no heavy lifting over 10 lbs.
Compensation is commensurate with experience, education, and skills. Average annual salary range for this position across our locations is: $40,000 to $80,000.
Mercer Advisors offers a competitive and robust benefit package to our employees. Our benefit programs are focused on meeting all of our employees and their eligible dependents health and welfare needs. We offer the following:
- Company Paid Basic Life & AD&D Insurance is up to 2x your total compensation up to a maximum of $375,000
- Company Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Life & AD&D; Short-Term Disability; Accident; Critical Illness; and Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- Three medical plans offerings including two High Deductible Health Plans and a Traditional Co-Pay medical plan
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with company contributions on a per pay period basis if enrolled in either HDHP medical plan
- Two comprehensive Dental Plans
- Vision Insurance Plan
- Dependent Care Savings Account for child and dependent care
- 14 Company Paid Holidays with a full week off at Thanksgiving
- Paid Time Off programs – accrued vacation of 15 days (3 weeks) and accrued sick of 10 days (2 weeks) per service year
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Family Medical Leave
- Paid Parental Leave (6 weeks)
- Maternity benefits utilizing company paid STD, any supplemental STD, plus Parental Leave (6 weeks) to provide time for recovery, baby bonding, and enjoying your family time
- Adoption Assistance Reimbursement Program
- Company Paid Concierge Services for you and your loved ones for the spectrum of caring needs for your aging parents, young children, life’s challenges and more
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with both Traditional and Roth plans with per pay period match
- Pet Insurance
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting.
Mercer Advisors provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to age, color, disability, gender, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, physical or mental disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other characteristic protected by law in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws. Mercer Advisors provides equal employment opportunity in all aspects of employment and employee relations, including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff, compensation, benefits, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.