We seek an aspiring Certified Financial Planner® candidate to join our team who can support our investment research, financial planning, operations, and client service activities. These include retirement planning, education planning, estate planning, tax planning, insurance coverage planning, and financing the purchase of homes or other big ticket items. We expect someone in this position to learn about how we view the investment world, why we have the target allocations for each client that we do, and why we’ve chosen particular managers to fill out each client’s portfolio. The position will work closely with the firm’s advisors and operations staff to gain broad exposure to the operations of a Registered Investment Advisor.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Orient yourself to the firm’s investment philosophy Learn operational processes such as account opening, asset transfer, charitable gifting, and other procedures Track investment performance of manager lineup on a monthly basis and provide insight into significant performance drivers Monitor manager array for significant changes in personnel, portfolio construction, or investment philosophy Keep manager array fund descriptions current Attend investment conferences and mutual fund due diligence events throughout the year. This involves approximately 15-20 days of travel annually. Develop retirement and education planning analyses Develop customized models to analyze unique client situations Pass the CFP exam within one year of the hire date Assist advisors with developing portfolio recommendations that are consistent with clients’ financial objectives, risk profile, and in keeping with our investment philosophy
Required Skills and Education
- Attainment of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Detail oriented
- Client service focused
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable learning new technologies
- Maintain confidentiality of client information
- Consent to background and credit check
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
Retirement Plan and Profit Sharing
Kuhn Advisors contributes 3% of your salary to the firm’s 401(k) plan, beginning after 1 year of employment. Employee must contribute at least 1 % to receive the match. Depending on the firm’s financial results, the firm may also contribute a portion of profits to each employee’s retirement account.
Employees are eligible for 10 days of vacation annually. After two years of employment, vacation days increase to 15 days annually and after four years increase to 20 days annually.
In addition to vacation, the firm provides the following paid holidays:
New Years Day
Martin Luther King Day
Thanksgiving and the Friday following
The week between Christmas & New Years
Paid Parental Leave
Employees are eligible for up to 12 weeks of paid leave following the birth or adoption of a child.
Healthcare Reimbursement Plan
Kuhn Advisors will reimburse eligible healthcare expenses up to $5,450 annually. ($454.16 per month)
Short-Term Disability Benefit
Employees experiencing a short-term disability are eligible for up to 12 weeks of fully-paid leave and an additional 12 weeks at 67% pay.
10 days paid leave annually to fulfill duties as a primary caregiver.
Kuhn Advisors, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer