VWG Wealth Management, LLC
2023 Summer Internship
Who We Are:
Founded in 2008, Hightower is a wealth management firm that provides investment, financial and retirement planning services to individuals, foundations and family offices, as well as 401(k) consulting and cash management services to corporations. Hightower's capital solutions, operational support services, size and scale empower its vibrant community of independent-minded wealth advisors to grow their businesses and help their clients achieve their vision of "well-th. rebalanced." Based in Chicago with advisors across the U.S., we operate as a registered investment advisor (RIA).
Our commitment to our culture is demonstrated every day through the Hightower Way. By joining Hightower, you will build a community of inclusive relationships, take proactive ownership, embrace others' perspectives, and have an uncompromising dedication to excellence.
Your Future Team: VWG Wealth Management
Located in Tysons Corner, VWG Wealth Management manages $2B in assets for high-net-worth individuals. VWG provides sound financial advice to clients with thorough financial planning and an emphasis on proactive goal setting to ensure our clients live their lives to their fullest. Voted Best Places to Work by Washington Business Journal for 3 consecutive years, VWG offers its employees a collaborative, flexible, and enjoyable place to work. VWG Wealth Management is an affiliate of Hightower Advisors.
VWG’s Summer Internship Program:
The VWG Summer Internship Program provides college students the opportunity to learn and understand the wealth management business while gaining a broad understanding of a professional workplace. Throughout the 8 to 9 weeks, interns will gain exposure to the major areas of wealth management including but not limited to: financial planning, investments, and managing client relationships. A capstone project encompassing the learning experience will conclude the program.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide support to the Wealth Advisor team by gathering and organizing client meeting materials; participate in client review meetings and help coordinate any follow-up with the Client Service Team.
- Provide support to Client Experience Team including but not limited to: daily compliance operations, onboarding document production, quarterly report distribution, ad hoc research, cost basis, and other projects.
- Assist the Portfolio Manager with market research, fund analysis, and due diligence requests.
- Participate in weekly team meetings by summarizing a timely article with thoughts and reactions.
- Assist the Financial Planner with questionnaire documentation and help organize client documents as received.
- Audit CRM data and assist with information clean up and/or updates.
- Work alongside marketing team to assist and contribute to social media campaigns.
- Assist with administrative functions: such as answering the phone, responding to basic client inquiries, etc.
- Manage client information to ensure data is organized, complete and secure.
- Participate in internal research projects and special client assignments as needed.
- Comply with company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Perform other related administrative duties.
What You’ll Bring:
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented with ability to prioritize and organize workflow
- The ability to collaborate and work effectively on a team.
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Technology skills: Microsoft applications (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Maintains a flexible and collaborative work ethic
- Commits to exceeding client expectations
- Strong desire to gain greater understanding of wealth management
Who You Are:
- Students with Sophomore standing or greater attending a 4-year accredited college or university.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 and pursuing a finance or business degree.
VWG follows CDC protocols, and also requires our employees to be fully vaccinated.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Hightower is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer-related), gender identity or expression, genetic information including sickle cell or hemoglobin C trait, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local law.
You are a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident or possess other unrestricted U.S. work authorization and will not require sponsorship for U.S. work authorization now or anytime in the future.