Is this you?
You want the freedom to serve your clients the right way. You want to own your own book. You want to run your practice as your own small business with the support you need to do it well. Work from home or an office? Your choice. We currently have no office, but need to be in Twin Cities area. If that's you, then let's talk. I am looking for a CFP who’s ready to break into independence and perhaps take over my firm in the next 3-5 years.
Who we are
- Fee-based, independent RIA based in the western suburbs of Minneapolis.
- Three reps: I'm in Mpls., one rep is in Wisconsin, and the third is in Iowa. They are independent contractors for whom I provide compliance, model portfolios, and casework consultations. They work under their own brand.
- Currently $50 million AUM. In talks with two firms (one smaller, another quite big) on the west coast to join my firm.
- We offer a generous fee-based comp grid.
What you'll do
- Develop and maintain trusted client relationships through regular client meetings and clear communication.
- Develop, implement, monitor, and manage comprehensive financial plans and/or investment strategies to assist clients in achieving their goals.
- Provide unbiased financial advice based on a clear understanding of your fiduciary responsibility to place your clients’ interests ahead of your own.
Culture is very important. The right person values relationships, not transactions; client success, not accumulation; work/life balance, not conspicuous consumption. Possible succession opportunity in 3-5 years for the right match.
What I’m looking for
- CFP with 5-plus years’ experience and a portable book of business who wants to grow their business in the independent world
- Affinity for ESG and financial/retirement/investment planning for women, especially widows and divorcees
- Creative and empathetic problem-solver
- Familiarity with MoneyGuidePro, YCharts, Morningstar is preferable
- Team-friendly but able to work independently as well
- Client-centric, service-oriented.
Sound like you? If interested, send a confidential email with your résumé to email@example.com along with an explanation of your interest. All queries will be held in the strictest confidence.