FINANCIAL ADVISOR RESIDENCY PROGRAM
The Hurlow Wealth Management Group Financial Advisor Residency Program is designed for CFP® candidates who are looking to join a fee-only financial planning firm in an entry-level position, with exposure to comprehensive planning, operations, client relationship management, and more. The goal of the Residency Program is to provide the maximum academic and experiential learning for advisors while providing the needed apprenticeship experience for obtaining the CFP® designation. (The length of the Residency Program is situation-dependent and will be mutually agreed upon.)
As formal members of our team, residents will work cooperatively with our team of financial advisors and support staff and will have opportunities to learn from them while assisting with their responsibilities. In time, the residents will fully assume the responsibilities of an Associate Financial Advisor. Upon the completion of a successful residency, residents may have the choice to remain with Hurlow Wealth Management Group permanently or to pursue opportunities elsewhere. It is our hope that residents will continue their careers with Hurlow Wealth Management Group. Our Residency Program is available year-round.
Summary of Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Put clients’ interest first, always.
- Develop financial planning and investment management recommendations; interpret results using spreadsheets and planning software while meeting and maintaining client objectives.
- Provide continual support to clients by preparing information for client financial review meetings and participating in client meetings.
- Enhance client relationships through continual and regular client contact and correspondence; provide follow up to all client inquiries, needs, and requests.
- Manage and coordinate with team members on workflows.
- Develop areas of expertise on firm processes and advanced planning topics to add value to the firm.
- Engage in business planning efforts and actively support the firm’s strategic priorities.
- Analyze processes and procedures to identify improvements or efficiencies that can be created.
- Engage in continuous learning in order to stay current in investment knowledge and skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in financial planning, finance, accounting, economics, or related field
- Series 65 license required within 90 days of employment
- Completion of Certified Financial Planner® education requirement preferred but not required
- Collaborative, positive attitude and ability to work with others
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Incredible attention to detail, organization, prioritization, and follow-through
- Strong ability to think critically and to process complex financial scenarios
- Ethical in decision making; sound in judgement
- Strong time management skills; ability to multi-task and manage deadlines
- Results driven, with the ability to take initiative
- Desire, drive, and capability to work in a high volume and growing team environment
- Open and receptive to feedback and coaching
- Year 1: $65,000 (base salary and variable revenue-sharing bonus)
- Year 2: $70,500 (base salary and variable revenue-sharing bonus)
Benefits for Full-Time Employees
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, prescription, and life insurance. 100% paid by the company.
- 401(k) retirement plan with 3% automatic company contribution after six months of service.
- Paid Holidays: We are closed every day the New York Stock Exchange is closed.
- Paid Time Off: Unlimited, after 90 days of employment.
- Paid Pregnancy Leave: Up to 12 weeks of paid leave.
- Paid Sabbatical: Up to four consecutive weeks, after five years of service.
- Paid professional development, such as advanced designations and annual conferences.
Interested applicants should send their résumés with a cover letter to Hurlow Wealth Management Group, 3925 Hagan Street, Suite 300, Bloomington, IN 47401 or email to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
About Hurlow Wealth Management Group
Hurlow Wealth Management Group is a small, collaborative team of financial planners, portfolio managers, and operations/administrative staff focused on helping our clients achieve their financial goals. We offer a clear, realizable career path for our employees based on measurable performance objectives. We provide training, mentorship, and educational opportunities, with a preference of promoting from within our talent pool. At Hurlow Wealth Management Group, we combine talented staff with industry-leading technology to offer our clients a superior experience.
Hurlow Wealth Management Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer, offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, physical or mental disability, age, citizenship, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, and any other protected status. This policy of nondiscrimination applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, advancement, promotion, demotion, transfer, selection for lay-off, termination, compensation, and benefits. We comply with all laws prohibiting discrimination. Hurlow Wealth Management Group is an at-will employer.