- TalentLink Solutions
- Cary, North Carolina
- $90,000-$110,000 + benefits
- Closing date
- Apr 15, 2023
- Job Role
- Wealth Advisor
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Experience Level
- 5 to 9 years
- CFP® Certification
About Our Firm:
We are a boutique advisory firm with two primary areas of focus - wealth management for high-net-worth families and defined contribution plans for corporate clients. The firm celebrated its 20-year anniversary in 2021, and we are known for delivering the highest level of quality to clients by being 1) involved with them at a deeper level, 2) progressive and deep in our thinking, and 3) pure with compensation to remove improper biases. Because of our unique structure, our investment process is more robust, and when we combine this with our customized planning and overall relationship management, we believe there are very few firms out there serving clients at our level.
What sets us apart culturally is the ongoing prioritization of our clients and our team. Specifically, we intentionally control our growth to maintain the client service standards we are known for, and we recognize that it is impossible to provide sustainable excellence to clients with a burned-out team. In other words, in an industry so driven by financial metrics, we are not willing to step on people (our clients or team) to achieve a higher pace of growth and profitability. We have a culture of deep thinking, and we need individuals that find creative solutions to problems. The depth of work we do requires analytical and decision-making skills from people who can evaluate complex situations from all angles and thoughtfully come up with the best solution.
About the Role:
We are hiring a Wealth Advisor to fill an integral client-facing role within our wealth management team. You will bring enough experience in front of clients that you are comfortable and confident in almost any situation. After an immersion and transition period, you will be responsible for a specific set of clients. A thorough understanding of the core financial planning areas and concepts, with a drive to continue knowledge building, is a must. You are an extraordinary communicator and calm under pressure. You have a high degree of empathy, and people trust you easily because you are genuine. You complement your people skills with an ability to understand complexities that others cannot, and to be creative in your solutions. You want to be a master of your craft and you are the type of person that is always looking to better yourself. Our firm has proprietary processes that have been developed over many years. However, you will be encouraged to bring your knowledge, experience, and ideas to the table. We are looking for someone to be a contributor at the firm and client levels.
- Establishing relationships with prospective clients and centers of influence
- Creating and reprojecting ongoing comprehensive financial plans
- Assisting with wealth client onboarding (establishing accounts, collecting and reviewing documents, collaborating with other Wealth Advisors on the creation and implementation of personal wealth strategies, setting up client files and portals with a client directly, etc.)
- Ongoing management of client relationships (monitoring accounts, fielding client questions, resolving client needs, placing trades, ensuring target asset allocations are met across client’s entire portfolio, etc.)
- Investment research, client benchmarking and performance reporting (ideally candidate will have advanced investment knowledge)
- Participating in overall firm innovation
Requirements / Preferences:
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of five years as a personal wealth advisor or relevant experience
- CFP®, CPA/PFS, and/or CFA preferred (or a plan to pursue specific designation)
- Series 65 licensure will be required before or soon after employment begins (or combination of relevant licenses or state exemption)
- Strong software skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- eMoney Advisor planning software and Tamarac performance reporting software experience desired
- Character priorities:
- First and foremost, we focus on the quality of the person - a selfish mindset will not fit in
- We value team members who have an engaging personality, a passion for doing things the right way, are self-motivated, can both think and work independently, and enjoy working collaboratively on a team.
- Compensation and Benefits - We offer a competitive base salary and the opportunity to earn an annual incentive bonus based on firm and individual performance. The initial compensation range will be dependent on a combination of factors that include experience, knowledge, team fit, and a candidate’s ability to continue working with pre-existing clients they may have (not a requirement). Regarding non-cash benefits, we offer a competitive 401(k) match, employer-paid health coverage, and PTO.
- Flexibility - Our overall goal with flexibility is to strike the appropriate balance that allows our people to thrive and for our company to optimally perform - at the same time. To set appropriate expectations, this is predominantly an in-office role since our wealth management clients like to see us face-to-face and our team interacts quite a bit. However, we all enjoy the flexibility to work from home or adjust schedules as a part of our normal routine.
- Timing - Our leadership intends to find an ideal fit for our firm, and we are willing to wait for the right candidate. With this said, this position is available now and we look forward to reviewing all applications.
- Confidentiality - Our firm is well-known amongst others in the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill area. Therefore, please know that the application and due diligence process will be held in strict confidence, and we will not contact any professional references without the applicant knowing in advance.
If you do not meet all of the requirements (e.g., less than five years of experience), but feel you are a fit for this position overall, please proceed with applying and explain your reasoning using an objective, a cover letter or some other form of communication.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert