2023 Wealth & Investment Management (WIM) Summer Intern Program - Cross-WIM
- Wells Fargo
- Dallas, Texas or St. Louis, Missouri
- Closing date
- Mar 24, 2023
- Job Role
- Financial Planning Support
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Experience Level
- CFP® Certification
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About this role: Wells Fargo is seeking talent to join the 2023 Cross-WIM Summer Intern Program in Wealth & Investment Management. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com.
Wealth & Investment Management, or WIM, is one of the United States’ leading providers of financial and investment services. WIM provides a full range of personalized wealth management, investment, and retirement products and services to meet clients’ unique needs and help them achieve financial goals. Our mission is to help clients pursue their financial goals with confidence. We accomplish this by:
- Building enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful, and objective advice
- Developing individualized plans for clients to help meet their financial objectives
- Helping clients build, manage, preserve, and transition their financial resources and wealth
WIM University Programs seeks to attract, develop, and retain exceptional junior* undergraduate students to Wealth & Investment Management. Our goal is to build bench-strength as well as increase our commitment to diversity in WIM.
The Wells Fargo Wealth & Investment Management (WIM) Summer Intern Program is ideal for current undergraduates interested in working in a collaborative environment which is focused on personal and professional development.
In the WIM Summer Intern Program, participants will have the opportunity to understand the day-to-day responsibilities of a full-time employee and will gain comprehensive professional and industry experience. Over the course of ten weeks, participants will gain exposure to senior leaders, participate in a community service project, and benefit from coaching and performance feedback sessions. WIM Interns will also participate in a virtual learning series and complete a cross-program group project with fellow interns across Wells Fargo University Programs. The WIM Intern Program is a pipeline program where successful interns in Cross-WIM roles (Juniors) may receive an offer to return the following year to join the full-time Wealth & Investment Management Analyst Program.
This position falls in the WIM Advice & Planning Center of Excellence, specifically WIM Advice & Planning Centralized Support. This group includes an on-demand advice desk providing guidance on financial planning concepts and how to navigate the Advice and Planning Center of Excellence capabilities and resources.
The Associate Wealth Planning Specialist Intern will serve as subject matter expert in eMoney and planning tools. They provide on-demand support to Financial Advisors through in-bound calls to the Centralized Support Advice Desk. They evaluate the client's eMoney plan and discuss possible modeling techniques within the software and collaborate with other on-demand support teams to align service models.
In the program participants gain a deeper knowledge of the financial services industry through hands-on experience in the fields of investment management, financial analytics, project management, consulting, and beyond in a “home office” or “middle/back office” environment.
In this role you will:
- Interact with leaders at all levels of the organization including senior management, direct team members, individual contributors, and vendors.
- Provide customer service to clients and internal employees as needed and appropriate.
- Understand processes and workflows to make recommendations for process improvements.
- Bring closure to issues, questions, and requests. Solve problems independently.
- Understand business needs and provide possible solutions by explaining in clear verbal and/or written communications to customers and/or management.
- Consistently learn new systems, applications, processes, and techniques.
- Lead or participate in projects or support activities, which are moderate in size and organization span.
- 6+ months of work experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Enrollment in a degree program for Personal Financial Planning
- Experience with eMoney 1+ month professional experience through internships, part-time, or full-time work
- Experience successfully collaborating with others in a change driven environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Leadership experience including coaching, training, and mentoring
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services industry
- *Prefer an undergraduate degree with a graduation date of December 2023-June 2024
- Ability to travel 5% or more of the time
- Full-time schedule, 10-weeks (non-rotational). Program Dates: June 5, 2023-August 11, 2023.
- This internship offers opportunities in Dallas, TX or St. Louis, MO. Applicants are encouraged to be open to relocation for the summer, for which a small stipend is provided.
How to Apply
Send Resume to Katie.Brabon@wellsfargo.com
- After submitting your application, please monitor your e-mail for future communications
- Once your application is received, Wells Fargo will make initial contact with you via e-mail
- Wells Fargo will only consider candidates who are presently authorized to work for any employer in the United States and who will not require work visa sponsorship from Wells Fargo now or in the future in order to retain their authorization to work in the United States.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert