As a Financial Advisor, you will service our firm’s existing and new client relationships with the goal of providing the best information to assist them with their financial decisions. The advisor will listen, identify, evaluate, communicate, and implement strategic financial decisions with the client and team members alike. Expertise will span investments and all areas of financial planning.
In addition to working client specific responsibilities, the advisor will be a great addition to our team, will support the growth and development of the business, and play an integral role in carrying out company initiatives, strategic planning, service enhancements, technology advancements and marketing initiatives.
- Development of comprehensive personal and business financial plans that are aligned with the financial goals and objectives of each client.
- Contribute to the full range of financial planning areas, including cash flow management, debt management, retirement planning, estate plan review, real estate analysis, insurance evaluation, employee benefits review, tax analysis, investment management and education planning.
- Embrace the investment strategy of the firm, providing education to clients, answering client questions, and delivering investment recommendations to help clients meet their goals and achieve financial health.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and interact with the rest of our team to improve procedures and grow the firm.
- Adhere to all compliance procedures, follow firm and industry protocols, procedures, and protect the interest of the client and the firm at all times.
- Contribute to firm growth by developing referrals and leads. Participate in the planning and execution of firm level marketing to generate new clients and expand business development opportunities for the firm.
- Consult with outside experts on financial planning issues for the client when necessary (e.g. Attorneys, CPA’s, business valuation experts, etc.)
- Periodic travel may be required as part of our group retirement practice for enrollment meetings.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrates poise, confidence, and financial literacy.
- Strong computer skills. Proficient in MS Office products as well as experience utilizing a contact management system (CRM).
- Experience with Redtail, Riskalyze, Holistiplan and MoneyGuide Pro preferred.
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated and able to have excellent collaborative and interpersonal skills. Must be reliable and detail oriented.
- Must have strong analytical, mathematical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be passionate about helping clients achieve their goals.
- Proactive team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Must be ethical and compliant with industry regulations with a keen sense of integrity.
- Solid and up-to-date knowledge of the economy, markets and applicable tax laws.
- Must have a pleasant and professional image.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Finance, Accounting or Business degree preferred.
- CFP® designation (or other advanced industry designation) preferred
- Tax experience with a CPA or EA designation preferable but not required
- FINRA SIE, Series 7, and 66 licenses along with Life and Health Insurance Licenses.
- 3+ years of experience in financial planning
- Must be able to pass a background check.