Financial & Investment Education Professional
- Missouri State Employees' Retirement System
- Jefferson City, Missouri
- $63,000-$70,000 + full benefits package including defined benefit pension
- Closing date
- Mar 26, 2023
- Job Role
- Financial Advisor
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Entry Level
- Experience Level
- 1-4 years
- CFP® Certification
- Not necessary
MOSERS is a team-oriented public pension system made up of passionate, hard-working individuals. Our team believes our members’ financial security comes first. Whether we’re in the field providing educational seminars, interacting with members for one-on-one counseling, investing trust fund assets, or working on the various systems that support our mission and staff, we are all collaborating to serve our members.
We administer defined contribution and defined benefit pension plans; life insurance and long-term disability insurance to State of Missouri employees. This position is an integral part of a team responsible for marketing and educating state of Missouri employees on the MO Deferred Compensation Plan which administers our 457 and 401a defined contribution plans.
What You’ll Do
The Financial & Investment Education Professional position is an essential piece of the MO Deferred Comp Plan team and is responsible for educating, encouraging saving and performing transactions for State of Missouri employees on the deferred compensation retirement savings plan. These responsibilities are fulfilled through conducting in-person and virtual seminars and one-on-one meetings with State employees regarding plan participation, account information, income replacement, contributions, withdrawals, investment options, performance and more. This position reports to the Associate Defined Contribution Plans Coordinator in the MO Deferred Comp office in Jefferson City.
You’ll spend your time:
- Conducting educational seminars on the features of the MO Deferred Comp Plan and investments, financial planning, retirement planning, tax planning and more.
- Conducting one-on-one meetings with State of Missouri employees regarding the benefits of participating in the MO Deferred Comp Plan and providing information about account balances, assumptions, expectations, contributions, withdrawals, rollovers, income replacement calculations, investment options and performance, market volatility and other financial education.
- Coordinating with State of Missouri agency human resources (HR) staff to schedule seminars, one-on-one meetings, benefit fairs, etc.
- Making regular day trips, with the possibility of occasional overnight travel, around Cole County and the Southwestern part of the state, meeting with participants and potential participants. This position is expected to be out in the field 80% of the time. You will be reimbursed for travel expenses, including mileage.
What we're looking for in the ideal candidate:
- A bachelor's degree in finance, business, marketing, or a similar field
- Previous financial planning experience and/or those who possess or are working toward a Certified Financial Planner or Chartered Financial Consultant designation
- The ability to work independently and manage time efficiently with minimal oversight
- Strong organizational, presentation and customer service skills; knowledge of investment concepts, retirement and financial planning
- Tech savvy with the ability to quickly learn web-based applications and are competent in all Microsoft Office products
- Dedication to the task at hand and self-motivation to exceed expectations
- A valid Missouri driver's license and reliable personal vehicle to use to travel to and from agencies and related locations
What You’ll Love About Us
- Our Team – Our staff consistently ranks “co-workers” at the top of their lists of things they love about MOSERS in our Employee Satisfaction and Engagement Surveys
- Our Culture – Our staff also ranks our leadership and our “team” culture highly on our surveys
- Competitive Pay – Starting salary is $63,000 - $70,000 depending on experience
- Our Benefits – MOSERS staff enjoy the same benefits as State of Missouri Employees which include:
- Defined Benefit Pension
- Deferred Contribution Retirement Savings Plan - MO Deferred Comp, including an employer match
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Cafeteria Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
- 13 Holidays Per Year
MOSERS offers competitive pay, but base pay is just one part of the total compensation we offer to new employees. Click here to learn more about our valuable benefits package.
We look forward to reviewing your resume! To ensure consideration apply by 03/13/23, but the position will remain open until filled. EOE: M/F/V/D.
The Missouri State Employees' Retirement System (MOSERS) is a public pension system governed by the statutes of the state of Missouri. The system administers defined benefit and defined contribution retirement, life insurance, and long-term disability benefits to most state employees, including members of the Missouri General Assembly, elected state officials, judges, and administrative law judges and legal advisors.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert