- Hutchinson Capital Management
- San Rafael, California
- $70,000-$85,000 per year + Bonus
- Closing date
- Apr 29, 2023
- Job Role
- Financial Planner
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Experience Level
- 1-4 years
- CFP® Certification
As an Associate Advisor at Hutchinson Capital Management (HCM), you will primarily be responsible for providing ongoing support of client relationships, including portfolio monitoring and account maintenance, and handling day-to-day client requests. You will also work closely with prospective clients to collect, validate, and input financial information into our financial planning software to develop initial planning recommendations. Associate Advisors also interact with other team members and departments to coordinate the delivery of service to clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Portfolio Managers to service client relationships through the preparation and follow-up of each step of the client experience and active participation in client meetings
- Basic understanding of comprehensive personal financial planning such as retirement planning, employee benefits, insurance, investments, asset allocation, estate planning techniques, income taxation, and executive compensation
- Helps create personalized Investment Policy Guidelines and a holistic strategy for each client
- Create and draft financial plans on behalf of clients using MoneyGuidePro financial planning software
- Serves day-to-day client needs and collaborates with team members to ensure the highest level of service
- Diligent recording of client communication within our CRM
- Creative problem solving, critical thinking and research skills; Organize information and exercise well-reasoned judgment
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills; Demonstrate confidence in decision making and poise in a professional setting
- Work effectively both as part of a team and independently
- Highly motivated and take initiative for professional growth and development
- Outstanding organization and project management skills; Take responsibility for quality and timeliness of projects
- Helps manage the client onboarding process
- Engages in business planning efforts and actively supports the firm’s strategic priorities
- Support operations in the development and maintenance of client portfolio reporting
- 2+ years of financial services experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- CFP® preferred or demonstrated progress toward acquiring the CFP®, i.e., ongoing plan for completion of required coursework and taking the CFP® exam
- Experience with MoneyGuidePro financial planning software and Orion portfolio reporting software is highly preferred.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, ability to build trusted relationships
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, and fluency in Excel is highly preferred
HCM’s Compensation and Benefits:
This is a salaried position with an opportunity for an annual bonus, as well as a competitive benefits package. HCM pays up to 80% of an associate’s medical insurance premiums, life, and accidental death insurance policies. We offer paid maternity, paternity, sick and vacation days, as well as a 401(k) and profit-sharing retirement plan.
HCM provides associates the opportunity to work a hybrid model. The team is typically in the office 3 days per week and have the ability to work from home 2 days per week.
Who is HCM?
Founded in 1995, Hutchinson Capital Management is an independent Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) with clientele across the greater Bay Area. HCM delivers client solutions through comprehensive financial planning and a consistent long-term investment approach. As an RIA, HCM is subject to SEC regulation, and requires all employees (and at times, family members) to disclose securities holdings and transactions. There are also restrictions on trading certain securities.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert