Individual Giving Officer
- CFP Board
- Washington D.C.
- Based on experience
- Closing date
- Apr 9, 2023
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Experience Level
- 5 to 9 years
- CFP® Certification
- Not necessary
General Function: Under general supervision, develops, executes, and leads a strategic, comprehensive individual giving program to grow major giving, annual appeals, and planned giving.
- Manages a portfolio of 100 - 125 high-capacity and mid-level donors and prospects
- Builds a major gift pipeline for the development and leadership teams and populates portfolios with individuals that have the capacity to increase giving to the Center
- Develops and implements appropriate cultivation and moves management strategies for prospects and donors
- Contributes to the development of major gift proposals
- Creates prospect strategy plans for major gift donors and prospects
- Creates basic research profiles and meeting briefs for all prospects as needed
- Strengthens engagement with annual donors; ensures proper donor recognition and stewardship
- Develops and implements a planned giving strategy aligned with individual giving programs
- Collaborates with development team to establish and meet annual goals including, dollars raised, renewal percentages, and donor pipeline development for individual donor portfolio
- Supports Campaign Development Committee members to build, manage, and execute donor portfolios
- Collaborates with development team to craft, test, and revise messaging that advances the culture of philanthropy within the Center’s donor, volunteer, and certificant base
- Performs comprehensive ongoing data analysis and evaluation related to all aspects of the Center’s individual giving programs
- Ensures individual giving fundraising activity and interactions are accurately and regularly stored in donor databases, and acknowledgement letters are generated in a timely matter
- Collaborates with the marketing and communications teams to develop comprehensive, multi-channel communications plans
- Prepares monthly reports on progress toward goals to date
- Contributes to special campaigns to meet development goals as appropriate
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required. Graduate degree in a related field preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ nonprofit major gift, annual giving and resource development experience
- Proven track record in initiating, stewarding and moving individual gifts to higher levels of support
- Experience managing and being accountable for fundraising targets and donor relationships
- Excellent oral and public speaking skills
- Demonstrated ability to write and edit persuasive materials including successful appeals, stewardship materials and other collateral across a variety of platforms and constituencies
- Prior experience working with and assisting volunteer leaders in development
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- High-level database management and fundraising software experience required; experience with NetForum and Salesforce preferred
- An energetic, well-organized, and detailed individual who has a strong record of leadership, teamwork, and success
- A strategic thinker with an innovative mindset and strengths in efficiency, timeliness, multi-tasking, and attention to detail.
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Travel required
This position is based in the Washington D.C. office and works a hybrid schedule which could be changed at any time.
To apply, submit your resume and one-page letter summarizing your interest, qualifications, and salary expectations.
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. (“CFP Board”), headquartered in Washington, D.C., is the professional body for personal financial planners in the U.S. CFP Board sets standards for financial planning and administers the prestigious CFP® certification so that the public has access to and benefits from competent and ethical financial planning.
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. (CFP Board) is a non-profit organization that serves the public by fostering professional standards in personal financial planning. We set and enforce the requirements for CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification — to uphold standards of competency and ethics for financial planners who are committed to CFP Board to putting their clients' best interests first.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert