IT Infrastructure Operations Supervisor
- CFP Board
- Washington D.C.
- Based on experience
- Closing date
- Apr 9, 2023
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Experience Level
- 5 to 9 years
- CFP® Certification
- Not necessary
This is a full-time onsite position at CFP Board headquarters in Washington, D.C. Supervises and works collaboratively with internal staff and external partners to ensure the smooth operation of the IT infrastructure (workstations, network services, audio-visual systems, and telecommunications); provides hands-on support to the IT support team as needed; promotes a culture of customer service and satisfaction among the team; ensures timely response and resolution to IT Help Desk tickets; analyzes and troubleshoots issues to identify systemic problems and training gaps; seeks creative ways to reduce infrastructure issues and empower staff through tools, procedures, and training; maintains and implements IT operational policies related to infrastructure.
- Supports the IT Director in establishing and maintaining a high level of staff satisfaction related to workstations, network services, telecommunications, and audio-visual systems, and serves as the point of escalation for staff in these areas
- Supervises, prioritizes, and coordinates activities of the IT network services and technical facilities staff, and nurtures a customer-service culture among the team
- Monitors, prioritizes, and assigns IT Help Desk tickets pertaining to infrastructure, and ensures timely completion and effective customer communication
- Assists the IT Director in monitoring and performing root cause analysis on IT Help Desk tickets to identify and address systemic issues and training gaps
- Supervises the procurement, configuration, deployment, monitoring, maintenance, upgrades, and support of IT workstations, including laptops, phones, and peripherals
- Provides technical guidance and instruction to network services and technical facilities staff, and assists in troubleshooting efforts
- Oversees all activities of managed network services partner to ensure contract service delivery and SLA requirements are met
- Recommends the purchase of equipment, supplies, and software to meet the organization’s IT operational requirements and empower staff
- Maintains and implements operational policies and procedures for standard IT operations
- Develops and maintains FAQs for staff to enable staff to address common issues without IT assistance
- Develops and conducts routine training for staff on available IT tools and service
- B.S./B.A. in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related discipline
- Professional certification (e.g., Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE: Productivity) is a plus
- 8+ years of IT hands-on experience with network administration and IT Help Desk support
- 3+ years supervising IT team members in network administration and/or IT Help Desk
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Microsoft 365
- Extensive technical infrastructure experience
- Excellent critical thinking, with a proactive approach to identifying issues and presenting solutions and options
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to be flexible, set priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
- Must be physically able to deliver and install computer equipment and printers
- Must be able to crawl under desks for installation process
- Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time
- Occasional overtime and travel may be required
This position is based in the Washington D.C. office and works a hybrid schedule which could be changed at any time.
To apply, submit your resume and one-page letter summarizing your interest, qualifications, and salary expectations.
The Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards (“CFP Board”) - headquartered in Washington, D.C.-is the certifying body for financial planning professionals. It is a non-profit organization that fosters professional standards in personal financial planning through its setting and enforcement of the education, examination, experience, ethics, and other requirements for the CFP certification.
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. (CFP Board) is a non-profit organization that serves the public by fostering professional standards in personal financial planning. We set and enforce the requirements for CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification — to uphold standards of competency and ethics for financial planners who are committed to CFP Board to putting their clients' best interests first.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert