- CFP Board
- Washington D.C.
- Based on Experience
- Closing date
- Apr 9, 2023
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Experience Level
- 5 to 9 years
- CFP® Certification
- Not necessary
General FunctionsUnder limited supervision, reporting directly to the Director of Marketing, this new position will play an integral role in supporting a new developing organizational initiative to grow the number of CFP® professionals by targeting career changers, undergraduates and college-bound students to choose financial planning as an attractive career and/or college degree program. This position will work closely with partner agencies and cross-department colleagues in developing and executing strategies and setting measurable KPIs. This role is also responsible for managing and executing marketing for already established non-certification programs such as conference attendance, Career Center and Career Fair promotion, product sales, Emeritus® Membership, and others as assigned.
- Manages all marketing programs for assigned roles including email campaigns, direct mail, print and online advertising, telemarketing, SEM, event marketing, and marketing content and collateral.
- Manages certification growth marketing support campaigns as assigned.
- Manages non-certification related programs as assigned including product and book sales, meeting and event marketing, career center and career fair participation, supports college level engagement, and increasing use of digital certificates.
- Develops and manages execution of marketing programs and campaigns to engage key segments – including women and racially diverse professionals.
- Monitors trends and key metrics and provides proactive insight with the Sr. Marketing Specialist and analytics teams to identify areas for operational and marketing improvement.
- Collaborates on the development of business intelligence reports with Director of Marketing and IT team as required and assigned
- Works closely with IT and third-party vendors related to assigned programs to optimize marketing campaign execution process and overall system processes
- Updates, monitors, and shares monthly marketing program results and status to goals
- Work with Communications on earned media and social media relating to increasing access to competent and ethical financial planners.
- Serves as liaison with Stakeholder Services to inform the department of ongoing marketing communications
- Manages annual marketing budgets for assigned programs.
- Manages marketing research programs that advance organizational mission and/or improve assigned program performance
- Ensures marketing campaigns and materials have appropriate quality, creative approval and meet all organizational and branding standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, advertising, business other equivalent relevant discipline
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in marketing and/or advertising including association and/or agency experience
- Preferred experience in college or university marketing
- Experience in direct response marketing, online/digital advertising, and current marketing trends that effect purchase attitudes, needs, behaviors and brand relationships
- Experience executing programs across all media (email, online/digital, search, social media, direct mail, telemarketing, print and collateral)
- Ability to oversee, interpret and utilize effective market research
- Analytical experience with BI tools, Tableau preferred
- Experience managing vendor relationships including contract negotiations
- Ability to think strategically and creatively
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment as both a team leader and team member
- Experience in working with IT departments to implement, track, and improve marketing programs
- Excellent presentation as well as written and verbal communication skills; marketing copy writing and editing skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
This position is based in the Washington D.C. office and works a hybrid schedule which could be changed at any time.
To apply, submit your resume and one-page letter summarizing your interest, qualifications, and salary expectations.
The Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards (“CFP Board”) - headquartered in Washington, D.C.-is the certifying body for financial planning professionals. It is a non-profit organization that fosters professional standards in personal financial planning through its setting and enforcement of the education, examination, experience, ethics, and other requirements for the CFP certification.
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. (CFP Board) is a non-profit organization that serves the public by fostering professional standards in personal financial planning. We set and enforce the requirements for CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification — to uphold standards of competency and ethics for financial planners who are committed to CFP Board to putting their clients' best interests first.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert