Certified Financial Planner
- Donaldson Capital Management
- Evansville, Indiana or Atlanta, Georgia
- $75,000 - $105,000 depending upon skills, experience, and education
- Closing date
- Apr 12, 2023
- Job Role
- Financial Planner
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Experience Level
- 5 to 9 years
- CFP® Certification
At Donaldson Capital Management, people are our purpose. We strive to hire “good heads and great hearts” because our relationships and our people separate us from the rest. We know that investing takes patience, commitment, and humility. Those principles guide our dedication to serving clients’ best interests and define our continued growth and success.
This full-time position requires a proactive approach and the ability to carry out the duties independently. The ideal candidate should exhibit high standards, excellent communication skills, sound judgment, and the ability to take the initiative. The ability to effectively manage time and prioritize tasks with attention to detail is critical to this role.
Client and Advisory Engagement Responsibilities
- Research, reference, and incorporate complex tax and planning strategies into consultations.
- Creates or assists in the creation of advanced planning and tax-related analysis
- Subject matter expert (SME) and thought leader in handling complex tax and financial planning concepts
- Delivers multidisciplinary financial planning support for high net-worth clientele as directed
- Responsible for comprehensive financial plan creation from data gathering to implementation and monitoring.
- Identifies gaps and recommendations in the financial plan and provides feedback to the advisor.
- Participates in client meetings at the discretion of Advisors as the expert in financial planning and tax matters
- Reviews task assignments for each client and work directly with team members to ensure all follow-up and action items resulting from client meetings are documented in CRM and completed within the specified period.
- Networks with attorneys, CPAs, CFPs, and industry peers to stay on top of trends and best practices and incorporates those into DCM financial planning practices
We are looking for an individual with experience in some or all of the following areas:
- Including returns on rental property and partnerships
- Maximizing tax deductions
- Tax-loss harvesting
- Optimal use of capital gains tax rates
- Planning to minimize taxes on retirement income
- ACA and Medicare Income-Related Monthly Adjusted Amount planning
- Roth conversions
- Investment Asset Location
- Considering the tax status of client accounts when determining the appropriate investment allocation
- Ideal business structure
- Compensation and benefit strategies
Estates and Trusts
- How to tax-efficiently pass assets to future generations via trusts and other strategies
Business and Real Estate Transactions
- Tax planning for significant realized gains resulting from the sale of a business and real estate
- Supports Compliance to maintain an effective and robust tax compliance program
- Performs other compliance-related tasks and projects as assigned
Experience and Education:
- A bachelor’s degree
- CFP® Certification
- 5+ years of financial planning and advanced tax planning experience
- Leadership experience preferred
- Experience working with various Custodian Platforms (Fidelity, Schwab, TDA, etc.)
- Experience with financial planning software, EMoney preferred
Skills, Knowledge, and Competencies:
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and listening)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite required
- Proficiency in Salesforce preferred
- Knowledge of Broker-Dealer and Investment Advisory Regulations a plus
- Demonstrates personal integrity and honesty
- Can deal with confidential information daily
- Ability to deal with stress in an ever-changing investment market and financial services
- Excellent time management and strong organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and anticipate potential problems
We have a robust compensation model. Fixed compensation includes a base salary and certification-designation-degree pay. Variable pay includes a revenue pool program, and kicker incentives. All advisory teams receive a % of managed AUM billing.
401(k) pre-tax or post-tax at a 4% total compensation match, Annual Profit Sharing currently at above 9%.
Team members are not limited to a specific number of vacation, personal, or sick days. Workplace flexibility, maternity, and parental time off.
Medical, Vision, Dental, Supplemental, HSA, Dependent Care FSA, ST, and LT Disability, Life and AD&D.
Education Advancement, Continuing Education Reimbursement Program, Career Coaching.
SMARTMap, Financial Planning, No Fees for Investment Management.
Cell phone, laptop, monitors, work remote accessories if needed.
Wholesale club membership, parking garage, annual charitable donation.
Two simple core beliefs guide the investment premise for our entire firm:
- Investments that pay more cash each year are more valuable than investments that don't
- Those investments will increase in value each year as their cash payments increase
With this philosophy underlying every investment, we are able to truly take the long-term route for our clients. It’s why we utilize a rising dividend approach and how we are able to prioritize security, income, and growth – in that order.
Apply for Certified Financial Planner
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert