The Syndicated Finance team within Commercial Banking is responsible for arranging pro rata cash flow and asset-based credit facilities to support our clients strategic and financial goals. Syndicated Finance partners with coverage bankers across Commercial Banking, Corporate Banking and Investment Banking, as well as Leveraged Finance, to support deal origination and structuring efforts and leads the execution of syndicated transactions across a variety of industries.About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Syndication Analyst who will assist in originating, structuring and executing syndicated loans within the Commercial Bank. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com . In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with deal teams to develop pitch materials to win new mandates and maintain portfolio leads
- Execute the syndication marketing process, including preparation and distribution of information memorandums and presentations for potential investors
- Communicate with external lending partners on opportunities, including discussions of lender appetite and assisting with due diligence
- Work with legal counsel to address legal documentation issues
- Partner with deal teams and internal operations to manage the execution and closing processes; and
- Participate in loan market research tasks
This role includes direct interaction with lending partners and clients. Syndicated Finance also interacts with credit, relationship managers, and other syndication teams within the organization.Required Qualifications:
- 6+ months of Client Management experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
We Value Diversity
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Math or Economics (or MBA)
- Front office or credit experience at a major firm with a focus in finance
- Completion of a formal credit training program
- Experience in loan syndications, debt capital markets, private debt markets or structured finance and/or;
- Experience in investment banking or corporate banking
- Credit underwriting experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- High level of personal motivation. Does more than what is asked for and anticipates questions/issues
- Ability to manage a high-volume workload while maintaining excellence and consistency of work. Ability to quickly change focus and stay organized is a must
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US:All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.