- Ameriprise Financial Services, LLC
- Seattle, Washington State
- $65,000 - $80,000 per year
- Closing date
- May 29, 2023
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Entry Level
- Experience Level
- 1-4 years
- CFP® Certification
Step into an instrumental role at a rapidly growing Private Wealth Management franchise of Ameriprise Financial. Assist financial advisors in the marketing and client service with an emphasis on creating and delivering a unique client experience that defines and differentiates the practice.
The Paraplanner role provides client relationship support for financial advisors through meeting preparation and follow-up (including graphs, charts, tables and other visual aids) with clients. This includes creating meeting summary letters, executing trades, money movement, and other transactions, preparing preliminary investment recommendations and initial product solutions for advisor review, attending client meetings with advisor, responding to and resolving ad hoc client requests, processing new account paperwork, and preparation of other client deliverables as needed. You will be integral in ensuring a world class client experience and maintaining a high level of service throughout the practice. You may also be asked to manage and track projects as well as other day to day business tasks.
This position will consistently follow the highest standards of business and professional ethics and comply with all legal and regulatory requirements. This is not a sales position.
Responsibilities may change over time to meet the needs of the practice and based on candidate skills and qualifications.
- Handles all security transactions and life insurance processing.
- Prepares and ensures new business paperwork processes successfully which may include preparing forms, obtaining appropriate signatures, preparing documentation, tracking new insurance applications, and coordinating rollovers and inter-company transfers.
- Provide general administrative duties such as answering the advisor’s phone, processing expense management reports, preparing routine client correspondence, support for closes, set up of client files, copying, and new business corrections and alerts.
- Tracks all of the new business and GDC summaries for advisor. Reconciles the new business and GDC to ensure all new business has been paid out to the advisor.
- Fields all service-related client issues and processes applicable trades and transactions for the clients.
- Takes away as many service-related issues from the advisor so that the advisor can focus on meeting clients and sales related activities.
- Accepts and performs other duties as assigned.
Key Traits of a Successful Paraplanner:
- High competency on computer-based programs and applications
- Analytical and strategic thinker
- Self-motivated and proactive with the ability to work unsupervised
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively with the team, clients, advisors,
- Ameriprise Corporate Office, and third-party vendors
- Proven written and oral communication skills and client service orientation
- Efficient time management and demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Adherence to compliance regulations as stated and required by Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc.,
- FINRA, and any other regulatory body with oversight responsibility for our practice.
- Positive attitude and desire to constantly learn and grow
Education and Other Designations:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Two or more years of similar working experience
- Series 7 and Series 66 securities licenses highly preferred (or be willing to take and pass exams within 120 days of hire
- State Insurance Licenses (WA) or be willing to take and pass exam within 90 days of hire
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive and commensurate with candidate qualifications and experience.
- 401(k) with matching and profit sharing
- Medical, Dental, Life, Disability Insurance
- Transit Stipend
If you are a client service focused individual with 2 or more years of experience, we encourage you to contact us and explore an opportunity with our firm. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
To apply send cover letter and resume to Lori.Yu@ampf.com
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert