At IMA Wealth, we recognize the human element is the most important piece of a successful financial strategy. We are here to understand first and advise second, to tailor solutions to opportunities - we are about people not products. Our passion for asking the right questions fuels our unrelenting desire to understand client's needs change and evolve. We make complex financial topics easy to understand so our clients can make the decisions necessary to move forward.
We are currently seeking an experienced Wealth Advisor to join our team in Wichita, KS. This person will be responsible for identifying, pursuing, and selling wealth management services within the market area.
Essential responsibilities of the role include but not limited to:
- Maintain working relationships with internal and external referral sources
- Use consultative sales approach to identify prospect needs and offer custom solutions with moderate guidance
- Manage existing client relationships to ensure investments line up with their goals
- Design and present comprehensive financial plans to address retirement, tax, estate planning, risk management and more
- Develop an understanding of IMA Wealth’s investment philosophy and strategy
- Work collaboratively with an investment team and client service professionals to provide a consistent client experience
Competencies and traits required for the role:
- Stay current in terms of professional development for their industry/role
- Contribute to and promote the development of the profession through participation in the community
- Ability to effectively plan and organize work independently
- Take initiative to establish goals, create deliverables, and lead projects
- Manage Client Relationships
- Identify key professional working relationships and works to develop them over time
- Pro-actively engage in and promote clear communication of information and needs within working relationships
- Problem Solving
- Ability to view situations in an objective or critical manner and choose the best solution accordingly
- Use brainstorming techniques to create a variety of solutions, thinking outside the box when necessary
- Actively listen, share information, and propose suggestions and solutions
- Express oneself effectively both orally and in written form
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5+ years’ experience in financial industry required
- FINRA Series 7 & 66 required (S63 & S65 acceptable as well)
- Life Insurance and Variable Contracts licenses preferred (Required to be able to sell insurance products)
- Advanced planning experience - CFP or CFA preferred
- Experience working with high-net-worth individuals and families
- Limited travel required (less than 25%)
- Experience with MS Office products required (specifically PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, and Excel)
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position.
The IMA Financial Group, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The IMA Financial Group, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.