rebel Financial is a Fee-Only Investment and Financial Planning Firm. We are dedicated to putting "People before Profits" in all we do and that means that we have a plurality of efforts constantly evolving to serve and improve our services for many different stakeholders. The Associate Financial Planner serves as an in-house expert on financial-planning-related client issues. Having knowledge of client relationship management (CRM) systems, financial planning software systems and components is a must (eMoney preferred). Tasks will consist of inputting client data, preparing financial planning recommendations, solution recommendations, educating Financial Advisors on the more sophisticated points of financial planning, overseeing financial plan implementation and the overall planning process as a whole. This position will be a great fit for those who want the challenge and the ability to work within a constantly changing yet exciting work environment - need apply.
Watch this video from our Founder about this terrific opportunity and whether you might be a good fit:
The Associate Financial Planner supports the firm’s administrative staff and financial advisors throughout the entire financial planning process by conducting client research, preparing for client meetings, and providing ongoing service and maintenance to clients. As we aim to find the right candidate for the position we will not settle, the ideal candidate will fit our company's culture and vision to provide sophisticated financial planning services to meet our clients needs.
- *Please note that a Financial Planning track is its own profession at rebel Financial and not an parallel position to becoming an advisor, although we do allow team members to change career paths if that is a win-win for the individual and company. However, at this point in your career you should know that you do not want to be client facing and sales oriented and really enjoy the financial planning art/science more than running meetings or driving client relationships.
- Effectively work within an RIA environment.
- Develop and utilize financial planning skills and expertise.
- Identify important financial planning issues and work through to build creative solutions to client problems/challenges.
- Learn and embrace rF's investment/planning approach and philosophy.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of wealth management.
- Most importantly: This is an experienced level position in a very technical field so you must learn and progress continually for multiple years. We prefer previous experience with a paraplanner designation and/or CFP® designation as well as a desire to earn a masters degree in Financial Planning. This is not a position you can learn and master within a short period of time. You need to be prepared to continually learn for years to come and be accurate/diligent about building/engineering great financial plans and strategies.
Position Requirements & Skills:
- Direct experience working in financial services is preferred, with a minimum of experience in a professional business or customer service environment required.
- Bachelor's degree is required, with an emphasis in financial planning or business preferred.
- Registered Paraplanner and/or CFP® designation (preferred).
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Learns quickly and enjoys collaborating with others to meet challenges.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, critical thinking, and leadership skills:
- Must be very detail oriented about building superb financial plans that even experienced financial planners would be hard pressed to find errors or additional opportunities.
- Ability to work alongside client facing financial advisors/planners.
- Must be tech savvy as we use many independent Cloud platforms and our process and tech stack is evolving continuously.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and GSuite.
- Applications accepted until 5/1/2023
- Interviews from 5/1/2023 until 5/12/2023
- Hiring decision by 5/15/2023
- Start date 6/1/2023 (with the potential to start sooner)