- CFP Board
- Washington D.C.
- Based on Experience
- Closing date
- Jun 4, 2023
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Experience Level
- 1-4 years
- CFP® Certification
- Not necessary
General Responsibility: Under supervision, responsible for managing the A/R function, performing month-end close activities, maintaining the fixed asset records, company accruals, cash reporting and reconciling general ledger accounts. Assist with financial reporting, and the annual financial audit and retirement plan audit.
- Assists in the monthly and annual accounting close process ensuring timely delivery of accurate results.
- Ensures validity of Accruals, and Deferrals, and performs necessary adjusting entries
- Ensures all balance sheet accounts are reconciled at month-end and year-end; Investigates discrepancies and determines appropriate course of action for review and resolution
- Oversees the Accounts Receivable function (including contribution receivable); prepares invoices periodically, reconciles receivable accounts and follows up with customers/sponsors regarding unpaid bills
- Looks for opportunities to automate functions and integrate different systems to save time and improve efficiency
- Prepares and initiates bank deposits for incoming checks twice per week
- Assists Accounting Manager with preparation of scholarship fund statements
- Prepares annual audit schedules and provides backup documentation as requested by auditors
- Prepares variance analysis of revenue and expense accounts
- Assists Senior Accountant with monthly reports for the Director of Finance, the CFO and the Finance & Investment Committee
- Play a role in developing strategic and tactical goals that advance the work of the Finance Department in serving the entire organization
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree in accounting
- Minimum 2 years professional accounting experience
- Experience with and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles
- Well-developed MS Excel skills and experience with bookkeeping software, especially ERP systems
- Attention to detail and strong reconciliation skills a must
- Solid demonstration of analytical and problem resolution capabilities
- Provides extraordinary customer service to both internal and external customers
- Commitment to outcomes, deadlines, and technical excellence
- Outstanding work ethic, integrity and commitment to organizational success
- Ability to handle sensitive data/information in a confidential manner
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
This position is based in the Washington D.C. office and works a hybrid schedule which could be changed at any time.
To apply, submit your resume and one-page letter summarizing your interest, qualifications, and salary expectations.
The Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards (“CFP Board”) - headquartered in Washington, D.C.-is the certifying body for financial planning professionals. It is a non-profit organization that fosters professional standards in personal financial planning through its setting and enforcement of the education, examination, experience, ethics, and other requirements for the CFP certification.
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. (CFP Board) is a non-profit organization that serves the public by fostering professional standards in personal financial planning. We set and enforce the requirements for CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification — to uphold standards of competency and ethics for financial planners who are committed to CFP Board to putting their clients' best interests first.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert