Homrich Berg ("HB") is a leading fee-only financial planning and investment advisory firm located in Atlanta, GA. Established in 1989, HB’s employees provide comprehensive financial planning and investment management services primarily to high net worth individuals.
HB's Buckhead office is seeking a Financial Planner, who is a CPA, to work directly with HB Advisors and HB clients to offer comprehensive wealth management.
- Assist HB Advisors in the preparation of income tax projections
- Own the multiple processes associated with the team’s income tax planning services, such as:
- maintaining and updating income tax projections;
- managing K-1 and tax form distribution process;
- review draft tax returns;
- work with team, clients, and clients’ CPAs to coordinate estimated payments;
- research tax issues as needed.
- Communicate with lead advisors, their CPAs, and clients.
- Two to five years' experience in providing personal income tax preparation or income tax planning services
- At least an intermediate level of understanding of traditional investment vehicles (e.g., stocks, bonds, mutual funds)
- Ability to prepare income tax, cash flow, and education cost projections, retirement income needs analyses, net worth statements, estate distribution plans, and risk management (i.e., insurance) reviews
- CPA and/or EA licensee or candidate is desired; CFP a plus
- Strong Excel skills and experience with Microsoft Office products
- Self-starter / proactive
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to successfully pass criminal background / credit check required.
The ideal candidate is an individual who (a) is detail oriented, (b) resourceful, (c) seeks intellectual challenges, (d) collaborative, and (e) wants to grow their career within a successful wealth management firm.
- Competitive PTO + 10 annual holidays observed
- 401k match
- Strong day 1 eligible benefits offering; medical, dental, vision, telemed, disability, +
- Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Fun and welcoming office environment with monthly and quarterly events
- Ability to work remotely 20%
- Cell phone stipend
- Paid parking/commuter stipend
- On-sight Fitness Center
- EAP Program