Global Markets Public Sector Banking Summer Credit Analyst Program - 2024
- Merrill Wealth Management
- Charlotte, North Carolina, Chicago, IL, NYC, NY
- $22-$55 per hour
- Closing date
- May 31, 2023
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Experience Level
- CFP® Certification
- Not necessary
What you'll do
We believe Bank of America can do more for our clients than any other financial services firm. We understand the challenges our clients face around the world, and we use the full resources of our company to help them achieve their goals. Our solutions span the complete range of advisory, capital raising, banking, treasury and liquidity, sales and trading, and research capabilities.
Our Municipal Banking & Markets business offers Commercial and Investment Banking services, Sales & Trading and Treasury Management services to U.S. Municipal clients. Public Sector Banking is responsible for assisting clients with raising capital by offering privately placed credit facilities to be held on the Bank’s balance sheet.
Job Description & Program Overview
Public Sector Banking within Municipal Banking and Markets provides capital in the form of loans, letters of credit, and other credit products primarily held on Bank of America’s balance sheet, and other traditional banking products and services to State and Municipal clients (cities, counties, school districts, transportation authorities, etc.).
As an active team member in Public Sector Banking, analysts assist Underwriters and Credit Product Officers in credit origination for governmental clients as well as with portfolio monitoring duties. Your responsibilities as an analyst may include:
- Participating in the underwriting of different credit deals
- Supporting various financial analyses, including loan structuring
- Engaging in comprehensive and in-depth client and credit research
- Preparation of presentations and other materials for clients
- Work on various one-time projects
- Interaction with deal team members and client
- Progress towards completion of bachelor's degree by December 2024 - June 2025 with demonstrated academic achievement
- 3.2 minimum GPA preferred
- Eligible candidates must demonstrate a strong interest in finance and the public sector.
- You should possess a combination of academic aptitude, quantitative skills, strategic and creative thinking and distinguished written and oral communications skills
- Ability to manage several projects at once and work effectively as an individual and as part of a team
- Some common characteristics we look for include assertiveness, attention to detail, exceptional academic achievement, initiative, team focus, self-confidence, strategic and creative thinking capabilities, strong work ethic and communication skills, strong quantitative skills
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) are essential
- A background in Finance or Accounting is preferred
- Dallas, TX
- Chicago, IL
- Charlotte, NC
- New York, NY
Bank of America does not complete third party forms from colleges, universities, or other parties.
Bank of America and its affiliates consider for employment and hire qualified candidates without regard to race, religious creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other bases such as medical condition, marital status or any other factor that is irrelevant to the performance of ourteammates.
If you’re interested in working in financial markets, investing, wealth management or research at a prestigious institution with 100+ years of Wall Street legacy, now is your opportunity to accelerate your career at Merrill.
Founded in 1914, Merrill is one of the largest wealth management brands in the world. Our financial advisors combine financial knowledge and experience with a deep understanding of their clients’ needs to help them pursue the lives they want. We also go beyond investment management to assist with college savings strategies, retirement planning, eldercare, philanthropy, and more.
We make sure all new employees are integrated into an existing team with other established advisors and mentors to support a transition to the firm. Once you start, you can energize your team by taking advantage of the many learning opportunities here, the culture of collaboration where you can learn from the best advisors in the business (as easily as they learn from you), and where diversity, equity, and inclusion is a priority.
Additionally, we invest in our team and their families by offering competitive benefits to support physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
If you are a financial advisor with 2+ years of experience and want to enhance your client relationships, learn more about our accelerated growth program and apply with us today!
We are bullish on our people. Read more on why Merrill is a great place to work:
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert