Global Investment Banking Sophomore Summer Analyst Program - 2024
- Merrill Wealth Management
- Houston, TX; Chicago, IL; New York, NY; Palo Alto, CA
- $22-$55 per hour
- Closing date
- May 31, 2023
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Experience Level
- CFP® Certification
- Not necessary
What you'll do
Global Investment Banking Sophomore Summer Analyst 2024
Job Description & Program Overview
Bank of America is committed to fostering an environment that promotes diverse talent and perspectives. Our Sophomore Analyst Program is an integral part of our commitment to equity and inclusion by recognizing top campus talent from groups who have been historically underrepresented in financial services. While our goal is to target underrepresented groups, all eligible students regardless of background are encouraged to apply.
This program experience will be packed with training sessions and networking opportunities where you’ll experience our commitment to diversity and an inclusive work environment first hand. You’ll gain unique insights into how our line of businesses work and explore the range of career possibilities at Bank of America.
- Analysts will receive continued on-the-job training throughout the program and benefit from working alongside experienced professionals on meaningful projects during their internship. Analysts will have many opportunities to exchange ideas and network with peers, mentors and diverse senior managers through team-building sessions and other organized events.
- As an analyst you will also have the support of a mentor and buddy who can help you navigate the workplace and ensure you are best positioned for success.
- The program timing is structured as two-10-week internships over the course of 2 consecutive summers. Upon successful completion of the first internship, analysts will be offered placement into the junior program the following year.
We believe Bank of America can do more for our clients than any other financial services firm. We understand the challenges our clients face around the world, and we use the full resources of our company to help them achieve their goals. Our solutions span the complete range of advisory, capital raising, banking, treasury and liquidity, sales and trading, and research capabilities.
During the summer you will be placed within one of our industry, country or product coverage teams. Your training and development is our top priority with extensive formal training offered at the start of the program in addition to on the job support, educational speaker events and mentorship throughout.
As a summer analyst, your key tasks and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Developing and maintaining complex financial models
- Performing various financial analyses, including valuations and merger consequences
- Conducting comprehensive and in-depth company and industry research
- Preparation of presentation and other materials for clients
- Participation in due diligence sessions, communication and interaction with deal team members
- Management of several projects at once and work effectively as an individual and as part of a team
- Candidates are required to be pursuing a BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university with a graduation time frame between December 2025 and June 2026
- Must demonstrate a track record of superior performance in extracurricular and professional activities
- 3.5 minimum GPA preferred
- Must have a combination of strong quantitative/analytical skills, attention to detail and client focus
- Strategic and creative thinking; distinguished written and oral communications skills
- Assertiveness, initiative, leadership, strong work ethic, team focus
- Ability to learn quickly and take on new responsibilities
- Dedication to building a career in the investment banking industry
(If you are interested in Leveraged Finance New York please apply to the Investment Banking Summer Analyst Program to be considered. If you are interested in Leveraged Finance Charlotte please apply to the Capital Markets Summer Analyst Program to be considered.)
Bank of America does not complete third party forms from colleges, universities, or other parties.
If you’re interested in working in financial markets, investing, wealth management or research at a prestigious institution with 100+ years of Wall Street legacy, now is your opportunity to accelerate your career at Merrill.
Founded in 1914, Merrill is one of the largest wealth management brands in the world. Our financial advisors combine financial knowledge and experience with a deep understanding of their clients’ needs to help them pursue the lives they want. We also go beyond investment management to assist with college savings strategies, retirement planning, eldercare, philanthropy, and more.
We make sure all new employees are integrated into an existing team with other established advisors and mentors to support a transition to the firm. Once you start, you can energize your team by taking advantage of the many learning opportunities here, the culture of collaboration where you can learn from the best advisors in the business (as easily as they learn from you), and where diversity, equity, and inclusion is a priority.
Additionally, we invest in our team and their families by offering competitive benefits to support physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
If you are a financial advisor with 2+ years of experience and want to enhance your client relationships, learn more about our accelerated growth program and apply with us today!
We are bullish on our people. Read more on why Merrill is a great place to work:
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert