Global Capital Markets Sophomore Summer Analyst Program - 2024
- Merrill Wealth Management
- Charlotte, NC; New York, NY
- $22-$55 per hour
- Closing date
- May 31, 2023
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Experience Level
- CFP® Certification
- Not necessary
What you'll do
Global Capital Markets Sophomore Summer Analyst Program 2024
Job Description & Program Overview
Bank of America is committed to fostering an environment that promotes diverse talent and perspectives. Our Sophomore Analyst Program is an integral part of our commitment to equity and inclusion by recognizing top campus talent from groups who have been historically underrepresented in financial services. While our goal is to target underrepresented groups, all eligible students regardless of background are encouraged to apply.
This program experience will be packed with training sessions and networking opportunities where you’ll experience our commitment to diversity and an inclusive work environment first hand. You’ll gain unique insights into how our line of businesses work and explore the range of career possibilities at Bank of America.
Our Capital Markets business is focused on providing financial solutions across the capital structure and our Sophomore Summer Analyst program will offer you insight into this business. Your training and development are our top priority, with extensive formal training offered at the start of the program in addition to on-the-job support, educational speaker events and mentorship throughout. Our capital markets business includes:
- Equity Capital Markets (ECM) is at the nexus between Sales & Trading and traditional Investment Banking - the role necessitates cultivating relationships not only with our fee-paying corporate clients for whom we execute transactions, but also with institutional clients who buy our deals and provide feedback on market trends and appetite. The Initial Public Offering (IPO), or when the company undergoes an extensive marketing effort to curry investor demand and is first listed on a public exchange, is a seminal moment in a company’s lifecycle, and is one of the hallmark processes of this ECM seat. Successful candidates must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and be heavily detail-oriented.
- Investment Grade Capital Markets offers insight into the capital raising process with extensive formal training and mentorship throughout the program. Summer analysts are integral members of our team and will work closely with senior colleagues to gain exposure to a wide spectrum of clients, from large corporations to small-cap companies, as well as a variety of financing projects including regular-way debt capital raising, acquisition financing, liability management, and capital structure advisory. The Investment Grade Capital Markets Summer Analyst program prepares graduates for a career in capital markets through exposure to macroeconomics and their impact on capital markets, client coverage responsibilities and business development efforts, as well as the capital raising process and specific technical training on investment banking functions and credit markets.
- Leveraged Finance (in Charlotte, NC) helps non-investment grade clients raise debt capital. Situations include Leveraged Buyouts (LBOs), Corporate M&A, Dividend Recapitalizations, and debt refinancing. The Leveraged Finance team works closely with groups across the Global Corporate & Investment Bank (GCIB) to deliver solutions for our clients and is consistently ranked either #1 or #2 on Wall Street by Dealogic.
Note: If interested in Leveraged Finance in New York, NY, please apply to the Investment Banking Sophomore Summer Analyst Program. If interested in Rates & Currencies Solutions, please apply to the Rates & Currencies Solutions Sophomore Analyst Program.
As a summer analyst, your key tasks and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Performing comprehensive, in-depth research on companies, sectors, new issue market, general market conditions and institutional investors
- Prepare recommendations on timing, size and structure of transactions
- Work with various teams across the firm including Investment Banking and Global Markets
- Transaction execution and preparation of related documents
The program timing is structured as two 10-week internships over the course of 2 consecutive summers. Upon successful completion of the first internship, analysts will be offered placement into the junior program the following year.
- Candidates are required to be pursuing a BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university with a graduation time frame between December 2025 and June 2026
- Must demonstrate a track record of superior performance in extracurricular and professional activities
- 3.5 minimum GPA preferred
- Must have a combination of strong quantitative/analytical skills, attention to detail and client focus
- Strategic and creative thinking; distinguished written and oral communications skills
- Assertiveness, initiative, leadership, strong work ethic, team focus
- Ability to learn quickly and take on new responsibilities
- Dedication to building a career in the capital markets industry
Bank of America does not complete third party forms from colleges, universities, or other parties.
If you’re interested in working in financial markets, investing, wealth management or research at a prestigious institution with 100+ years of Wall Street legacy, now is your opportunity to accelerate your career at Merrill.
Founded in 1914, Merrill is one of the largest wealth management brands in the world. Our financial advisors combine financial knowledge and experience with a deep understanding of their clients’ needs to help them pursue the lives they want. We also go beyond investment management to assist with college savings strategies, retirement planning, eldercare, philanthropy, and more.
We make sure all new employees are integrated into an existing team with other established advisors and mentors to support a transition to the firm. Once you start, you can energize your team by taking advantage of the many learning opportunities here, the culture of collaboration where you can learn from the best advisors in the business (as easily as they learn from you), and where diversity, equity, and inclusion is a priority.
Additionally, we invest in our team and their families by offering competitive benefits to support physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
If you are a financial advisor with 2+ years of experience and want to enhance your client relationships, learn more about our accelerated growth program and apply with us today!
We are bullish on our people. Read more on why Merrill is a great place to work:
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert