Wealth Management Sophomore Summer Analyst Program - Private Bank 2024
- Merrill Wealth Management
- Washington, DC; Charlotte, NC; New York, NY; Boston, MA; Los Angeles, CA
- $22-$55 per hour
- Closing date
- Oct 2, 2023
- Job Role
- Wealth Management
- Employment Type
- Experience Level
- CFP® Certification
- Not necessary
What you'll do
Job description and Summer Analyst Program overview
With more than 200 years in the financial services industry, Bank of America Private Bank has cultivated an award-winning team dedicated to providing exceptional service and guidance to our clients and prospects. As a leader in private wealth management, we provide a vast array of resources and customized solutions to help meet our clients' unique wealth structuring, investment management and credit needs.
The Private Bank is focused on building long-term client relationships that are supported by a team of experienced advisors and highly credentialed specialists who provide a range of services, including investment management, trust and fiduciary solutions, financial and succession planning, philanthropic and specialty asset management, family office services, art services and custom credit solutions.
What we offer and what you’ll gain:
Our Private Bank Summer Analyst Program is designed to offer you the unique opportunity to work in and gain exposure to the various teams within The Private Bank including Relationship Management, Trust & Wealth Structuring and Investment Management. Our structured 10-week internship provides extensive on-the-job training where you are aligned to a high-performing client team to gain hands-on experience and knowledge to serve ultra-high-net-worth clients ranging from business owners to corporate executives to entrepreneurs and innovators. In addition to receiving educational content and exposure to various thought leaders, you will be provided with coaching, mentorship and volunteer opportunities throughout the program.
What you’ll do:
As a summer analyst, you will participate in robust programming and skills-based curriculum and gain exposure of daily client-related tasks such as:
- Helping with new business generation, prospect cultivation and client engagement
- Managing the execution of client service activities such as digital onboarding, initiating and monitoring account openings and asset transfers
- Handling client inquiries and coordinating with specialists and service centers to deliver an integrated service experience to the client
- Servicing account maintenance activities, including trust accounting transactions, processing deposits/transfers and providing reports
- Conducting research projects on behalf of clients and/or maintaining organizational investment industry research and report information
- Assessing client experience across live/digital touchpoints to identify opportunities for modernization and integration
- Providing administrative coordination with trading, operations and client service teams
- Specialty projects based on summer analyst interest and business need
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are energetic, outgoing, analytical and entrepreneurial with an interest in gaining a sophisticated, well-rounded skillset aligned to wealth structuring, credit and banking, trust and relationship management.
- Bachelor’s degree student with a graduation date between December 2025 and August 2026
- Demonstrated record of achievement such as extracurricular activities or leadership roles
- Passion for investing and a strong understanding of finance
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Analytical, quantitative and critical thinking skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively within a team
- Ability to think independently and demonstrate good judgment
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task with a strong attention to detail
- 3.2 minimum GPA preferred
- Technical skills such as Excel and PowerPoint
Bank of America is unable to consider candidates that will require visa sponsorship, now or in the future, for this specific role.
Travel:On needs basis
Full / Part-time:Fulltime
Hours Per Week:40.00
If you’re interested in working in financial markets, investing, wealth management or research at a prestigious institution with 100+ years of Wall Street legacy, now is your opportunity to accelerate your career at Merrill.
Founded in 1914, Merrill is one of the largest wealth management brands in the world. Our financial advisors combine financial knowledge and experience with a deep understanding of their clients’ needs to help them pursue the lives they want. We also go beyond investment management to assist with college savings strategies, retirement planning, eldercare, philanthropy, and more.
We make sure all new employees are integrated into an existing team with other established advisors and mentors to support a transition to the firm. Once you start, you can energize your team by taking advantage of the many learning opportunities here, the culture of collaboration where you can learn from the best advisors in the business (as easily as they learn from you), and where diversity, equity, and inclusion is a priority.
Additionally, we invest in our team and their families by offering competitive benefits to support physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
If you are a financial advisor with 2+ years of experience and want to enhance your client relationships, learn more about our accelerated growth program and apply with us today!
We are bullish on our people. Read more on why Merrill is a great place to work:
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert