Global Markets Sales & Trading Rotational Summer Analyst Program - 2024
- Merrill Wealth Management
- New York City, New York
- $22-$55 per hour
- Closing date
- May 31, 2023
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Experience Level
- CFP® Certification
- Not necessary
What you'll do
Job Description & Program Overview
Our Global Markets business offers sales and trading services, including research, to institutional clients across fixed-income, credit, currency, and commodity and equity businesses. Global Markets product coverage includes securities and derivative products in both the primary and secondary markets.
Our program includes formal training and assignments in Global Markets product areas. Extensive training followed by rotations in fixed income and/or equity markets and exposure to different functions in sales, trading, origination, and structuring/quantitative analysis. As a summer analyst your responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with sales, trading, and hedging activities
- Helping to originate, structure, and model transactions
- Assessing market trends and provide quantitative data for clients
- Performing market and quantitative research analysis
- Assisting in structuring, pricing, and executing trades
- Handling day-to-day transaction needs, including reconciliation, and clearing services
- Assisting in developing new products and bringing them to market
- Assisting in educating clients about complex structures and technical products
- Candidates are required to be pursuing a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a graduation timeframe between December 2024 and June 2025
- 3.2 minimum GPA preferred
- Mathematics, engineering, statistics, or programming background a plus
- Extensive Excel and modeling skills
- Strong quantitative and qualitative skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and willingness to ask tough questions
- Solid leadership, team, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Can multitask and prioritize in a demanding environment
- Able to generate complex solutions across multiple product platforms
- Strong interest in global financial markets
- Highly motivated with a drive to succeed
- Keen interest in complex structures
- Adapts easily to constantly changing environment
- A track record of superior performance in extracurricular and professional activities
- Assertiveness, initiative, leadership, strong work ethic, team focus
- Ability to learn quickly and take on new responsibilities
- Coding proficiency in Python would be preferred
Bank of America does not complete third party forms from colleges, universities, or other parties.
Bank of America and its affiliates consider for employment and hire qualified candidates without regard to race, religious creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other bases such as medical condition, marital status or any other factor that is irrelevant to the performance of our teammates.
If you’re interested in working in financial markets, investing, wealth management or research at a prestigious institution with 100+ years of Wall Street legacy, now is your opportunity to accelerate your career at Merrill.
Founded in 1914, Merrill is one of the largest wealth management brands in the world. Our financial advisors combine financial knowledge and experience with a deep understanding of their clients’ needs to help them pursue the lives they want. We also go beyond investment management to assist with college savings strategies, retirement planning, eldercare, philanthropy, and more.
We make sure all new employees are integrated into an existing team with other established advisors and mentors to support a transition to the firm. Once you start, you can energize your team by taking advantage of the many learning opportunities here, the culture of collaboration where you can learn from the best advisors in the business (as easily as they learn from you), and where diversity, equity, and inclusion is a priority.
Additionally, we invest in our team and their families by offering competitive benefits to support physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
If you are a financial advisor with 2+ years of experience and want to enhance your client relationships, learn more about our accelerated growth program and apply with us today!
We are bullish on our people. Read more on why Merrill is a great place to work:
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert