Public Finance Summer Analyst Program - 2024
- Merrill Wealth Management
- New York City, New York
- $22-$55 per hour
- Closing date
- May 31, 2023
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Experience Level
- CFP® Certification
- Not necessary
What you'll do
Job Description & Program Overview
Public Finance Investment Banking group is headquartered in New York with multiple regional offices. The firm has been ranked #1 in the municipal market for six years. Public Finance provides financing solutions to state and local governmental and not-for-profit clients through the issuance of municipal bonds. Typically issued as tax-exempt debt, clients include states, counties, cities, school districts, higher education institutions, public utilities, public transportation agencies, not-for-profit health care systems and hospitals, state affiliated and not-for-profit student loan and housing agencies, cultural organizations, and developers.
As an active team member in Public Finance, summer analysts assist bankers in capital raising, debt portfolio and credit analyses, and strategic advisory services, and market assessments for governmental, not-for-profit and/or developer clients.
As a summer analyst, your responsibilities may include:
- Developing and maintaining financial cash flow models, using industry standard software
- Supporting various financial analyses, including bond structuring
- Performing comprehensive and in-depth client, credit, and pricing research
- Preparing presentation and other materials for client meetings
- Communicating and interacting with team members, including underwriting, sales & trading teams, to execute transactions specifically in relation to structuring and marketing.
- Candidates are required to be pursuing a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a graduation timeframe between December 2024 and June 2025
- 3.2 minimum GPA preferred.
- A strong interest in finance and the public sector
- Candidates must demonstrate a combination of academic aptitude, quantitative and organizational skills, strategic and creative thinking, and strong written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to manage several projects at once and work both independently and in a team.
- Other desired characteristics include integrity, attention to detail, assertiveness, initiative, leadership, strong work ethic and team focus.
Bank of America does not complete third party forms from colleges, universities, or other parties.
Bank of America and its affiliates consider for employment and hire qualified candidates without regard to race, religious creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other bases such as medical condition, marital status or any other factor that is irrelevant to the performance of our teammates.
If you’re interested in working in financial markets, investing, wealth management or research at a prestigious institution with 100+ years of Wall Street legacy, now is your opportunity to accelerate your career at Merrill.
Founded in 1914, Merrill is one of the largest wealth management brands in the world. Our financial advisors combine financial knowledge and experience with a deep understanding of their clients’ needs to help them pursue the lives they want. We also go beyond investment management to assist with college savings strategies, retirement planning, eldercare, philanthropy, and more.
We make sure all new employees are integrated into an existing team with other established advisors and mentors to support a transition to the firm. Once you start, you can energize your team by taking advantage of the many learning opportunities here, the culture of collaboration where you can learn from the best advisors in the business (as easily as they learn from you), and where diversity, equity, and inclusion is a priority.
Additionally, we invest in our team and their families by offering competitive benefits to support physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
If you are a financial advisor with 2+ years of experience and want to enhance your client relationships, learn more about our accelerated growth program and apply with us today!
We are bullish on our people. Read more on why Merrill is a great place to work:
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert