Senior Portfolio Manager
- This position is Boston-based with a hybrid work schedule.
- Compensation package includes base salary, annual bonus, and equity participation in the business.
- Closing date
- Jul 22, 2023
- Job Role
- Investment Advisor
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Experience Level
- 10 or more years
- CFP® Certification
Senior Portfolio Manager
Zevin Asset Management is a boutique, Boston-based firm specializing in global, sustainable investment management for high net worth individuals and institutions delivering compelling portfolio returns, in addition to striving to create positive social and environmental outcomes. The firm’s investment approach incorporates prudent risk management, deep fundamental research, and global business cycle analysis to meet and exceed clients’ portfolio growth goals.
The firm is expanding its investment team and is seeking an experienced senior portfolio manager to take over existing accounts and manage new accounts. They will assist in growing the firm and be proactive in establishing new client relationships. The successful candidate will also be an integral part of the Investment Committee. This position is Boston-based with a hybrid work schedule.
The senior portfolio manager will manage portfolios of individual stocks and bonds for clients with varying risk profiles and ESG concerns in accordance with the firm’s equity and balanced portfolio model strategies. They will be expected to understand client needs and create solutions based on a client’s unique goals. They will maintain and cultivate high-touch, long-term relationships with clients.
The successful candidate will also be a key member of the Investment Committee, demonstrating independent, creative and strategic thinking on investment issues, as well as identifying and communicating trends that reduce risk and improve portfolio returns.
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will be experienced in delivering a comprehensive client experience in investing and financial planning using individual securities. Familiarity with retirement planning, investment allocation, philanthropic giving, taxes, and cash flow planning for high net worth clients as well as analyzing budgets and understanding pain points for institutions are key to this role. They should have the ability to help clients incorporate social and environmental values into their investments. The successful candidate will also have institutional quality, fundamental equity experience following a thoughtful investment process that delivered portfolio alpha. Fixed Income fundamental experience is also preferred.
The position calls for a mature, analytical, trustworthy, and high integrity individual with strong investment advisory skills, including:
• Experience providing advice to individual clients and institutions about investments.
• Knowledge of, and interest in, environmental, social, and governance concerns pertaining to investments.
• Comfort with a fundamental investment methodology employing macroeconomic and ESG considerations that is focused on avoiding large losses to deliver superior long-term results on an absolute and risk-adjusted basis.
• Superior understanding of securities analysis, valuation methods, qualitative and quantitative research techniques, including in fixed-income.
• Excellent decision-making skills with efficient organizational skills.
• Strong math orientation and numerical aptitude.
• Good listener, clear, concise, and persuasive communicator, both verbally and in writing.
• Wide-ranging curiosity about nearly everything combined with confidentiality, discretion, and good professional judgment.
• A minimum of 15 years’ experience managing individual portfolios and analyzing securities.
• Holding a CFA or CFP, as well as a graduate degree is strongly preferred.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter and a proactive, dynamic contributor and will be excited about joining an energetic and motivated team in a vibrant, challenging, and entrepreneurial workplace. Finally, they will have the highest level of professionalism and ethical behavior.
The firm offers a compensation package that includes base salary, annual bonus, and equity participation in the business. Additionally, the firm provides fully paid health insurance, a 401k plan, full compensation for public transportation commuting, and generous paid time-off, including for volunteering.
To apply, please contact email@example.com with a resume and cover letter describing yourself and why you believe your personal and professional qualities are a good fit for this position.
Zevin Asset Management, LLC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, class, age, religion, disability that can be accommodated, marital status, ancestry, nationality, family status, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the LGBTQ+ communities.
Supporting Documents for Senior Portfolio Manager
Apply for Senior Portfolio Manager
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert