Under general supervision of the HR team, delivers daily support for overall front office activities and human resources.
- Manages the reception area to ensure effective telephone, in-person and email communications both internally and externally to maintain professional image
- Greets visitors as the welcoming face of CFP Board
- Answer and transfer all inbound phone calls taking messages and distributing to the appropriate person/department, as needed
- Manage conference room reservations and coordinate meeting details and monitors the receptionist@ email box; Communicate and coordinate requests with office services and the meetings team
- Serves as a backup to arrange and coordinate meetings for Senior Leadership Team, as needed.
- Monitor the HumanResources@ email box and forward inquiries, as appropriate; Open and distribute HR mail to HR team
- Concur: Manage HR invoice processing and submit for payment under appropriate budget and cost centers; Track invoices to ensure timely payment; Manage and reconcile Director’s expenses and corporate account
- Maintain the company phone list under direction of the HR team
- Maintain ASAE corporate membership list to include additions and departure notifications
- Building Engines: Submit work orders and visitor lists into building work order system
- Onboarding: Collaborate with Facilities, IT, Office Services and HR team on new hires to include updating phone list, floor plan, name tags, personnel file, Office Welcome Email, New Hire information email, processing forms through the building concierge and new hire gifts
- Offboarding: Collaborate with Facilities, IT, Office Services and HR team on employee exits to include phone list, floor plan, name tags, and collection of organization property, if needed
- Recruitment: Assist HR team in recruitment support by assisting with tasks such as, resume review, ATS updates, and electronic file organization
- Transportation: Under supervision of the HR team, process commuter forms, maintain SmartBenefits account with current employees; Serve as point of contact to parking garage and process all changes on corporate account and connect new hires with parking passes
- Meeting and Office Events – Assist the HR, Executive or Meetings team with employee and/or office event planning, organization and set up, as requested
- Office Services – Assist and collaborate with Office Services Administrator on projects, events, or back up, as needed
- High school diploma required; College degree, a plus
- Working knowledge of office machines to include printers, copiers, binding, postage and processes such as sending by Federal Express and UPS
- Must be reliable, punctual, organized and able to juggle multiple priorities in a very busy office
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, particular attention to phone etiquette
- Ability to collaborate with others, as needed
- Professional appearance and positive attitude
- Intermediate level skill for MS Office Suite applications
- Two or more years’ in a receptionist or Human Resources assistant role
- Experience using an HR applicant tracking system and Concur, a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in non-profit operations, a plus
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter, flexible and perform under ambiguity
- Ability to work overtime, as needed.
This position is based in the Washington D.C. office and works a hybrid schedule which could be changed at any time.
To apply, submit your resume and one-page letter summarizing your interest, qualifications, and salary expectations.
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. (“CFP Board”), headquartered in Washington, D.C., is the professional body for personal financial planners in the U.S. CFP Board sets standards for financial planning and administers the prestigious CFP® certification so that the public has access to and benefits from competent and ethical financial planning.
CFP Board believes that diversity of experience and perspective are strengths and seeks to continue to grow a highly committed, skilled, and collaborative staff.