Merrill Team Financial Advisor
- Merrill Wealth Management
- New York, New York; Pittsford, New York; Stamford, Connecticut; Boston, Massachusetts; Great Neck, New York; New York, New York; Wellesley Hills, Massachusetts; Hartford, Connecticut; New York, New York; Hanover, New Hampshire; Newton, Massachusetts; New
- Commensurate with Experience
- Closing date
- May 27, 2023
- Job Role
- Financial Advisor
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Experience Level
- 1-4 years
- CFP® Certification
Merrill Team Financial Advisor Business Development Program
The Merrill Wealth Management Team Financial Advisor (TFA) engages in:
- Developing a book of business in order to meet and exceed the required performance hurdles
- Effectively sourcing prospective clients, capitalizing on referrals, assessing customer needs, referring customers to the appropriate service provider, and executing highly customized solutions to meet the customer needs
- Recommending investment products and services that are suitable for prospects and clients based on their objectives, resources, time horizon, risk profile and preferences
- Balancing investment growth, referral activities, customer follow up, prospect building, administrative compliance and personal growth and development according to both a day-to-day and longer-term plan
- Planning and managing resources (time, people, budget) to run a productive practice
- Seeking the expertise of specialists, where appropriate, to identify planning and investment strategies for a client
- Establishing and maintaining relationship with the management team and informing management of any circumstances that require supervisory attention/review/approval as per compliance guidelines and policies
- Completing mandated training, assessments, performance goals and continuing education requirements
The Team Financial Advisor receives:
- The strength and name recognition of Merrill and Bank of America.
- World class training throughout their career with Merrill Wealth Management
- State of the art software programs to assist in your success
- Access to a full array of investment and banking products for your clients
- Coaches or mentors located within your office to work with you towards your success
The Team Financial Advisor Development Program is designed for individuals ready to make a career transition and follow their passion of becoming a Financial Advisor. Successful candidates have at least three years of full time sales experience in ever more challenging environments. The sales experience should include the successful use of outbound sales techniques to exceed sales goals. Financial acumen gained through work experience is ideal.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performance Hurdles: A Team Financial Advisor (TFA) must acquire clients through personalized marketing techniques to meet minimum performance hurdles.
- Registration and Licensing Requirement: A TFA is required to obtain necessary licensing and registrations (Series 7 and Series 66 and Insurance).
- Education Requirement: A TFA is required to complete the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Investment Planning Course and the Financial Planning course.
- Development Assessment: A TFA must successfully complete ongoing Developmental Assessments throughout the training. In preparation for the assessment, the TFA studies a variety of topics and may participate in developmental activities in the areas including but not limited to: Merrill strategy, products & services, wealth management process, desk top technology, marketing consultative sales skills and investment financial planning knowledge.
- Performance Requirements: A TFA is expected to meet the performance and development requirements of the Financial Advisor Development Program and transition to a full Financial Advisor at the conclusion of the program.
- Proven ability to engage with and influence others
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) - Proven ability to quickly build trust and credibility
- Proven ability to assess needs of clients and recommend appropriate solutions/interventions
- Proven ability to work collaboratively on a team and with key partners
- Proven ability to listen and probe for clarity and understanding
- Goal and results oriented
- Ability to source clients through prospecting and networking
- Ability to work in an environment where the majority of your compensation is tied to your performance
- Strong follow-through skills
- Computer/technical literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- At minimum a Bachelor's Degree
- Demonstrated track record of success
- Proficiency in using Sales Force / Client Relationship Manager Tool
- Strong understanding of the Financial Advisor role
This position is subject to SAFE Act registration requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all employees engaged in residential loan mortgage originations must register with the federal registry system and remain in good standing. Since your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to obtain and/or maintain SAFE Act registration may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
If you’re interested in working in financial markets, investing, wealth management or research at a prestigious institution with 100+ years of Wall Street legacy, now is your opportunity to accelerate your career at Merrill.
Founded in 1914, Merrill is one of the largest wealth management brands in the world. Our financial advisors combine financial knowledge and experience with a deep understanding of their clients’ needs to help them pursue the lives they want. We also go beyond investment management to assist with college savings strategies, retirement planning, eldercare, philanthropy, and more.
We make sure all new employees are integrated into an existing team with other established advisors and mentors to support a transition to the firm. Once you start, you can energize your team by taking advantage of the many learning opportunities here, the culture of collaboration where you can learn from the best advisors in the business (as easily as they learn from you), and where diversity, equity, and inclusion is a priority.
Additionally, we invest in our team and their families by offering competitive benefits to support physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
If you are a financial advisor with 2+ years of experience and want to enhance your client relationships, learn more about our accelerated growth program and apply with us today!
We are bullish on our people. Read more on why Merrill is a great place to work:
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert