Wealth Planning Consultant
- Wells Fargo
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Remuneration will be commensurate with the standing of the role.
- Closing date
- May 29, 2023
- Job Role
- Wealth Management
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Experience Level
- 1-4 years
- CFP® Certification
Wells Fargo is seeking a Wealth Planning Consultant in Wealth and Investment Management as part of Wells Fargo Advisors. Learn more about our career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com .
In this role you will:
- Participate in wealth planning services and identify opportunities for Financial Advisors and their clients within the Wealth and Investment Planning space
- Review and analyze basic or tactical business challenges that require research, evaluation, and selection of alternatives, related to low-to-medium risk deliverables within the Wealth Planning Consulting functional area
- Develop comprehensive, integrated, and multigenerational wealth plans and planning strategies
- Present recommendations for resolving more complex situations and exercise some independent judgment while developing understanding of function, policies, procedures, and/or compliance requirements within the Wealth Planning Consulting functional area
- Provide information to Wealth and Brokerage colleagues, internal partners, and stakeholders, including internal and external customers within the Wealth Planning Consulting functional area
Required Qualifications, US:
- 2+ years of Wealth Planning, Financial Consulting experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Successfully completed Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) Series 7 and 66 (or 63 and 65) examinations (or FINRA recognized equivalents) sufficient to qualify for immediate FINRA registration
- Financial planning and analysis experience
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Client services experience
- Brokerage client support experience
- Experience delivering results in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Obtaining and/or maintaining appropriate FINRA license(s) is required for ongoing employment in this position
- Compliance with state law registration and licensing requirements is mandatory
- In addition to state registration and licensing requirements, specific product licenses or SAFE licensing may apply
- Additional requirements include meeting enhanced financial fitness and criminal background standards
- Wells Fargo will initiate the FINRA licensing review process at the time of offer acceptance
- For specific FINRA qualification exams obtained after 9/30/2018, the Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) exam co-requisite may also be required
This position is subject to FINRA Background Screening Requirements, including successful completion and clearing of a background check. Internal transfers are subject to comply with 17 CFR 240.17f-2 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and FINRA Bylaws, Article III, Section 3, which states that Associated Persons should not be subject to statutory disqualification. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and are required to report certain incidents.
This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship.
Posting Location: 550 South Tryon, Charlotte, NC 28202
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US:All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.9 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,600 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 36 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 268,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 27 on Fortune’s 2016 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. Wells Fargo perspectives are also available on Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert