Wealth Management Client Associate
- Merrill Wealth Management
- Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Commensurate with Experience
- Closing date
- May 27, 2023
- Job Role
- Wealth Management
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Experience Level
- 1-4 years
- CFP® Certification
- Not necessary
Merrill Wealth Management is a leading provider of comprehensive wealth management and investment products and services for individuals, companies, and institutions. Merrill Wealth Management is one of the largest businesses of its kind in the world specializing in goals-based wealth management, including planning for retirement, education, legacy, and other life goals through investment advice and guidance.
Merrill's Financial Advisors and Wealth Management Client Associates help clients pursue the life they envision through a personal relationship with their advisory team committed to their needs. We believe trust comes from transparency. Our trusted advisory teams are equipped with access to the investment insights of Merrill coupled with the banking convenience of Bank of America.
At Merrill, we empower you to bring your whole self to work. We value diversity in our thoughts, business, and within our employees and clients. Our Wealth Management team represents an array of different backgrounds and bring their unique perspectives, ideas, and experiences, helping to create a work community that is culture driven, resilient, results focused and effective.
The Wealth Management Client Associate role is a sales support position, typically providing dedicated operational and sales support to multiple Financial Advisors (FA). Incumbents may also on a regular basis, support office initiatives, in addition to the businesses of a particular Financial Advisor. For established clients, the CA will often serve as the most frequent point of contact with Merrill Wealth Management.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with highly affluent clients
- Lead end-to-end onboarding and maintenance activities for new and existing clients.
- Provide products and services to each client, working with cross line of business partners
- Use creativity to tackle complex problems; Manage client servicing requests and account maintenance; Use multiple communication methods to ensure a consistent and exceptional client service experience.
- Act as a key team member leading our clients' digital experience with the firm
- Create ease of access and interaction, while protecting their privacy and security
- Find opportunities to innovate every day
Key Qualifications for the role:
- 2+ years post high school education and/or 4+ years of professional or relevant internship experience; Undergraduate degree a plus
- Product Knowledge: Foundational knowledge of investment and banking products
- Energetic individual that is self-motivated, coachable, and flexible in thought
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment with changing and evolving responsibility
- Detailed oriented
- Invested in personal development
- Consistently pursues client experience excellence
- Works quickly to fulfill client needs delivering complex solutions
- Frequent communication, and an abundance of discretion with sensitive information
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint experience with Salesforce a plus
- Professional verbal and written communication
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
If you’re interested in working in financial markets, investing, wealth management or research at a prestigious institution with 100+ years of Wall Street legacy, now is your opportunity to accelerate your career at Merrill.
Founded in 1914, Merrill is one of the largest wealth management brands in the world. Our financial advisors combine financial knowledge and experience with a deep understanding of their clients’ needs to help them pursue the lives they want. We also go beyond investment management to assist with college savings strategies, retirement planning, eldercare, philanthropy, and more.
We make sure all new employees are integrated into an existing team with other established advisors and mentors to support a transition to the firm. Once you start, you can energize your team by taking advantage of the many learning opportunities here, the culture of collaboration where you can learn from the best advisors in the business (as easily as they learn from you), and where diversity, equity, and inclusion is a priority.
Additionally, we invest in our team and their families by offering competitive benefits to support physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
If you are a financial advisor with 2+ years of experience and want to enhance your client relationships, learn more about our accelerated growth program and apply with us today!
We are bullish on our people. Read more on why Merrill is a great place to work:
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert