Product Owner of Financial Planning
- Working from home
- Base, annual bonus, stock options and competitive benefits package
- Closing date
- Jun 25, 2023
- Job Role
- Financial Planning Support
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Experience Level
- 5 to 9 years
- CFP® Certification
The Group: Advyzon was founded in 2012 with the purpose of building intuitive all-in-one technology for advisor firms. Our dedicated staff of professionals push to decrease an advisor’s tech stack, while increasing their efficiency and helping their clients achieve their financial goals. We consistently receive rave reviews for everything from the best all-in-one software to the best places to work in fintech. If you are looking to join a growing group of overachievers, you are in the right place!
The Role: Advyzon Product Owners (PO’s) are subject matter experts in their field. PO’s have an in-depth understanding of how clients utilize our software, the strategic goal of our software and the competitive landscape we operate in. The ability to take a detailed understanding of the marketplace and articulate the required changes needed to both internal and external stakeholders is essential. Managing the lifecycle of the product, turning feedback in feature enhancements and pleasing our growing userbase is all in a day's work as an Advyzon PO.
- Product Owners (PO’s) need to understand the short and long-term business vision
- POs must manage all the internal and external stakeholder interests related to any project
- POs are responsible for organizing and maintaining their product backlog and communicating it with firm stakeholders and updating changes to our ticket tracking system.
- POs need to create and adjust the release scope goals in collaboration with Product Development Teams and stay aligned with the broader company goals
- POs must do extensive competitive and cross-product research to create compelling and creative project ideas to advance the Advyzon product vision
- POs must seek end-user feedback to maintain the pulse of current and prospective user needs, wants and wishes so that client demands are fully anticipated
- POs must translate ideas into documented business requirements, key use cases and functional details to properly communicate the intricate requirements and perspectives needed to achieve both success and quality
- POs must communicate regularly with Development and Design teams to create detailed specifications and intuitive designs to gain agreement from all development stakeholders
- POs should spend a significant portion of time overseeing development stages and remain a key player throughout a project lifecycle, while also seeking out way to improve the development process
- POs are accountable to the final product and must take a primary role in evaluating development progress and whether a final project iteration is acceptable
- 3+ years of financial services experience preferably in a Financial Planner role
- Advanced domain knowledge of financial planning concepts, specifically goal-based planning, tax planning, retirement planning, and portfolio construction planning.
- Familiarity and experience with financial planning tools such as eMoney, RightCapital, or MoneyGuidePro (or similar) is highly valued.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated individual with excellent communication skills
- Must have exceptional analytical skills to collect and analyze information, solving problems rationally/creatively, and making decisions that enhance productivity and value
- Commitment to continuing education and ongoing professional development to be informed about the ever-evolving financial planning space, specifically new laws or regulations
- Ability to work on the analysis, documentation, and management of business requirements for multiple projects simultaneously while continuously recognizing urgency and setting priorities
- Ability to use language to clearly express and share information including verbal and non-verbal communication duties across all channels, teams, and mediums.
- Ability to encode information to make it easily understandable to the receiving person, digesting and incorporating feedback loops, while minimizing noise from entering the communication and distracting from key message
- Must show interest or previous aptitude in technical skills
- Intimate familiarity with our software development, UX/UI design, agile process, project management and IT infrastructure
- Must prove capable of autonomous decision-making daily to influence backlog inclusion, prioritization, planning and communication
- Must show effective project management skills including initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and closing
- Must be able to collaborate with all stakeholders, work closely to influence positive outcomes
- CFP or progress towards the designation
- Prior experience in Product, Business, Agile or Technical development
- Familiarity with CRM and portfolio accounting software
- Familiarity with Tax Planning Software
Advyzon is your complete technology solution that combines customizable performance reporting, flexible billing, robust client relationship management (CRM), customizable client portal and mobile app, secure and compliant document storage, seamless prospecting and powerful business intelligence in a single, integrated platform.
We feel that technology should be simple to use, innovative and backed by exceptional client service, these are the core principles upon which Advyzon was founded.
Apply for Product Owner of Financial Planning
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert