Trust Officer - Personal Trust Market Service Team
- Wells Fargo
- Winston Salem, North Carolina
- Remuneration will be commensurate with the standing of the role.
- Closing date
- Jun 9, 2023
- Job Role
- Wealth Management
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Experience Level
- 1-4 years
- CFP® Certification
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Trust Officer - Personal Trust Market Service Team in Trust Client & Advisor Services as part of Wealth and Investment Management. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com .
In this role, you will:
- Read, interpret and apply trust document language to specific situations; making frequent distributions of cash or assets
- Conduct comprehensive reviews of account activity and terms of all types of accounts following Wells Fargo policies/procedures
- Provide the general administration for a book of assigned investment management and trust accounts
- Perform fiduciary duties as an officer of the bank
- Participate in less complex day to day activities associated with managing and controlling risk to the probate or trust accounts in compliance with governing document, bank policy and procedure as well as statutory and common law requirements
- Administer client accounts in order to create, expand, and serve relationships
- Identify customer needs and offer solutions
- Review and analyze probate and administrative trust portfolios that require research, evaluation, and selection of alternatives and exercise independent judgment to guide medium risk deliverables
- Set up, administer, terminate and distribute complex accounts of all types
- Develop knowledge of investment strategies, objectives, and asset allocations
- Present recommendations for resolving more complex situations and exercise independent judgment while developing expertise in the function, policies, procedures, and compliance requirements in Fiduciary Products functional area
- Mentor and provide work direction
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals
- Interact with internal and external customers
- Receive direction from leaders and exercise independent judgment while developing the knowledge to understand function, policies, procedures, and compliance requirements
- 2+ years of Fiduciary Products experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Knowledge and understanding of estate, trust, or fiduciary administration
- Ability to review trust agreement documents and ensure bank compliance
- Ability to read and interpret legal documents
- A BS/BA degree or higher (such as JD/LLM) in law or trust and wealth management
- Certified Trust and Financial Advisor (CTFA) or working towards obtaining this certification
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Solid problem solving skills
Required location listed above. Relocation assistance is available for this position.
This position is not eligible for a Visa sponsorship.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US:All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.9 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,600 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 36 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 268,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 27 on Fortune’s 2016 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. Wells Fargo perspectives are also available on Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert