Merrill Lynch Wealth Management is a leading provider of comprehensive wealth management and investment products and services for individuals, companies, and institutions. Merrill Lynch wealth management is one of the largest businesses of its kind in the world specializing in goals-based wealth management, including planning for retirement, education, legacy, and other life goals through investment advice and guidance.
Merrill Lynch's financial advisors help clients pursue the life they envision through a one-on-one relationship with an advisor committed to their needs. We believe trust comes from transparency. Our trusted financial advisors are equipped with access to the investment insights of Merrill Lynch coupled with the banking convenience of Bank of America. Job Description
The Merrill Advisory Development Program (ADP) Oversight Supervision Principal role manages diverse administrative, operational, supervisory, and regulatory oversight functions within a supervision group for multiple business channels, and is responsible for a wide variety of delegated processes or projects. The ADP program is strategically focused on training and developing the next generation of Advisors. Regulatory oversight includes an expectation to have routine dialogue and collaborate with various line of business partners and senior supervision leadership on multiple processes or projects from development through to completion. The primary objective of the role is to reduce risk to the Firm, including all lines of business and employees, by performing in-depth analysis aimed at assessing and identifying potential risks that may hinder the reputation of effectiveness of the Firm. Principals will articulate methodology, review documentation, escalate and identify key areas of risk and make recommendations for risk mitigation by effectively coordinating all aspects of an assigned process or project. Requires supervisory experience and thorough knowledge of Firm and regulatory requirements including the variety of products and services offered.
The Merrill Advisory Development Program Oversight Supervision Principal will be responsible for performing supervisory reviews, approvals, resolving escalations with office management teams and ensuring appropriate visibility to Advisor conduct matters with management teams. Key expectation to execute sound supervisory judgment and intellectual curiosity in disposition of matters, along with strong partnership, collaboration and communication abilities.Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for Supervision processes to support the Advisory Development Program
- Performs supervisory reviews of select activity as necessary through various supervisory applications, which could include Enterprise Account Opening (EAO), Online Trade Review (OTR), ML One Control Panel, ProofPoint, Risk Management Supervision (RMS), Client Management Center (CMC) and Supervision Dashboard, Fiduciary Dashboard, Registration Dashboard.
- Monitors and takes action related to various control/ad hoc reports
- Identifies and escalates Advisor conduct concerns assisting Office Management Teams in resolution.
- Routinely partners with Market and Division Leadership
- Demonstrating sound and consistent judgment based on thorough and systematic review of information available
- Maintaining a high level of intellectual curiosity; asking pertinent questions to gather relevant facts surrounding a problem, issue, or objective; weighing the relative importance, adequacy, and validity of information to form fact-based opinions, solve problems and make sound recommendations
- Communicating effectively (both written and oral) with colleagues, Advisors and leadership using clear, concise, and understandable language
- Maintaining robust documentation for the methodology of analyses conducted, their outcome, and information gathered through supplemental conversations
- Producing periodic metrics, commentary on reviews conducted and best practice recommendations
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent work experience)
- Must currently have the following licenses: Series 7, and 8 or 9/10, and 63/65 or 66 required (in lieu of the 8 or 9/10 the following combination: 4, 24 and 53). Candidates without all required licenses will not be considered.
- 5 years minimum wealth management experience
- 2 years minimum in a Supervision role
- Strong orientation toward cross-functional collaboration/partnership
- Strong adaptability and capacity to work in fast-paced environments
- Detail oriented and excellent time management and organizational skill
- Excellent communication skills
- Track record of sound supervisory judgment, attention to detail and decision making
- Ability to work independently and remotely from manager/colleagues
- Branch office experience or exposure would be helpful
- Working knowledge of security products and services required
- Working knowledge of regulatory policies and specifically ML policies/procedures expected
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Please be advised that under current company policy, Merrill Wealth Management does not sponsor a visa petition or other work authorization for this position. Job Band:
1st shift (United States of America)Hours Per Week: