Merrill Wealth Management is a leading provider of comprehensive wealth management and investment products and services for individuals, companies, and institutions. Merrill Wealth Management is one of the largest businesses of its kind in the world specializing in goals-based wealth management, including planning for retirement, education, legacy, and other life goals through investment advice and guidance.
Merrill's Financial Advisors and Wealth Management Client Associates help clients pursue the life they envision through a personal relationship with their advisory team committed to their needs. We believe trust comes from transparency. Our trusted advisory teams are equipped with access to the investment insights of Merrill coupled with the banking convenience of Bank of America.
At Merrill, we empower you to bring your whole self to work. We value diversity in our thoughts, business, and within our employees and clients. Our Wealth Management team represents an array of different backgrounds and bring their unique perspectives, ideas, and experiences, helping to create a work community that is culture driven, resilient, results focused and effective.Position overview:
The Market Supervision Manager (MSM)
reports to the Merrill Division Supervision Executive (DSE) with dual reporting to the Merrill Wealth Management Market Executive (ME). The MSM is a member of the Market Leadership Team, along with the Client Relationship Manager. The MSM supports the Firm's business objectives and contributes to the Market's profitability by influencing Financial Advisors (FA) business practices in ways that minimize regulatory and financial risk as well as uphold the Firms' reputation. Ultimately, the MSM protects the Firm, grows the business, and serves the client by proactively managing and mitigating risk.
The Market Supervision Manager is responsible for a wide variety of delegated compliance, administrative and business functions related to the Merrill Wealth Management Market Executive's overall managerial responsibilities for parent and associate offices. This individual functions independently, or with minimal guidance, but must keep the Market Executive informed on significant matters and must determine when the Market Executive should be directly involved. The Market Supervision Manager supports the company's business objectives and contributes to market profitability by influencing Financial Advisor business practices in ways that minimize regulatory, financial, and reputational risks. Key Qualifications for the role:
- Candidates are required to currently hold SIE, Series 7 AND Series 66 (or Series 63 AND Series 65), Series 9 AND Series 10 (or Series 8) or equivalent licenses
- Series 3, 31 licenses, if warranted
- Minimum 5+ years professional experience required
- Proven ability to manage risk, make sound decisions by having a deep understanding of industry regulations, supervisory requirements, policies/procedures, wealth management concepts, and financial services products
- Ability to speak in terms of client needs and concerns, and coach Financial Advisors on aligning solutions to goals in a suitable and controlled way
- A deep appreciation and understanding of our client centric strategy
- Strong interpersonal skills to provide coaching to Financial Advisors to mitigate risk through segmentation, disciplined investment practices, and documentation
- Strong analytical skills with ability to identify trends, root cause and effects, and implement improved processes to mitigate risk
- Demonstrated strong and effective leadership style through clear communication and collaboration with others, making sound decisions with courage and conviction
- Strong time management and organization skills with the ability to prioritize appropriately
- Prefer Market Supervision Manager experience, or completion of Merrill's Office Management Team Associate Development Program
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
The Market Supervision Manager is a direct report to the Division Supervision Executive (DSE), with a matrix reporting line to the Market Executive (ME). These managers are client centric leaders in the organization. They are key partners with clients and Financial Advisors in risk management to ensure risk is appropriately managed. The Market Supervision Manager is an integral member of the Office Management Team (OMT), and is responsible for a variety of supervision, compliance, and risk management functions. Many of these functions are focused on managing risk in client outcomes, partnering with the Director, and coaching the Financial Advisor. The functions are related to the Market Executives overall responsibilities for the branch offices within the Market and are delegated to the Market Supervision Manager. In addition to their primary functions, the Market Supervision Manager will partner with and backup the Client Relationship Manager. The MSM operates with minimal guidance, monitors adherence to policies, acts as the independent voice on risk, supports the company's business objectives, and contributes to branch office profitability by influencing FA business practices in ways that minimize regulatory, financial, and reputational risks. In addition, the Market Supervision Manager partners with the Division Supervision Executive on many supervisory functions. Collectively, the branch and central supervision teams are responsible for ensuring robust supervision is conducted and ensuring solutions around client needs and concerns are managed in alignment with client goals. Job Band:
1st shift (United States of America)Hours Per Week: