WHO WE ARE
Westwood Management Corp. is a focused investment management boutique offering high-conviction equity and outcome-oriented solutions. Our investment services can address a wide range of investment objectives and challenges for institutional investors, financial intermediaries and private clients. Westwood has two distinct investment capabilities in U.S. Value Equity and Multi-Asset. Based in Dallas, Westwood also maintains an office in Houston. We are focused on transparency, ethical conduct, giving back to the communities in which we operate and creating an environment where our employees can flourish as they serve our clients.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This position will support private wealth advisors with their financial planning engagements by completing comprehensive financial plans, annual updates and client-requested financial analysis. Planning areas will include but are not limited to financial statements, risk management, benefits, insurance analysis, philanthropic planning, investments, income tax, retirement, along with trust and estate planning.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Prepare financial planning analysis, including but not limited to gathering client data, analyzing and evaluating the client’s financial status, developing the financial planning recommendations, and presenting the financial planning analysis in client meetings as needed. Analysis can include preparation of comprehensive financial plans, annual updates, and client-requested financial planning analysis
- Support strategic initiatives for the financial planning department, including process improvement projects and educational materials on financial planning topics
- Grow and maintain financial planning education and skills in tax analysis, estate planning, insurance planning, and retirement planning
- Analyze and identify gaps within financial planning services and recommend software solutions as needed
- Manage Financial Planner, mentoring them, developing their skills and assisting with their analysis as needed
- Other projects, duties and responsibilities as assigned
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
Minimum Education Required:
- Bachelors Degree in business, accounting, or other financial related field
Minimum Specific Experience Required:
- 3+ years of financial planning experience in a client service organization; trust or investment management experience
- CFP® Certification
WHO YOU ARE
- Superior interpersonal, organizational, and client service skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Positive attitude with a friendly and upbeat demeanor
- Excellent time management, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills
- Highly motivated and proactive with a willingness to assist in all tasks
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and interface with all levels of personnel
- Highly attentive to detail, organized, and neat
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Proficiency with financial calculator
- Proficiency with financial software - Naviplan, eMoney, Money Guide Pro or similar preferred
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Competitive Salary, benefits and 401K company match that vests immediately upon participation.
- Parental leave & PTO policy.
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company.
This physical demands required to perform the essential duties successfully are consistent with a professional office environment.
This position will travel to client locations as well as to other Westwood locations such as in Dallas or Houston, Texas.
This job description may be subject to change at any time.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT
We look forward to receiving your application. A member of our Human Capital team will review your application and qualifications. If interested, you will be contacted for an interview.
Westwood is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.