At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Trust Officer on our Personal Trust Market Service Team in Trust Client & Advisor Services as part of Wealth and Investment Management. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com . In this role, you will:
- Read, interpret and apply complex trust document language to specific situations; making frequent distributions of cash or assets
- Conduct comprehensive reviews of account activity and terms of all types of accounts following Wells Fargo policies/procedures
- Provide the general administration for a book of assigned investment management and trust accounts
- Perform fiduciary duties as an officer of the bank
- Administer large and complex trust portfolio initiatives and deliverables within Fiduciary functional area and contribute to large scale planning
- Coordinate with business partners regarding investment management issues
- Identify issues and research across jurisdictions
- Create, enhance, and expand customer relationships
- Review and analyze large, complex business trust asset portfolio challenges that require an in depth evaluation of variable factors
- Develop new business through servicing customers and interaction with external resources
- Manage probate and trust estates following the death of an existing Wells Fargo client
- Oversee complex, unique needs of estates and trusts during the death settlement process
- Resolve moderately complex trust asset portfolio issues and lead Fiduciary team to meet servicing deliverables
- Consult with outside attorneys, accountants, and other Centers of Influence in managing and controlling risk
- Ensure that the probate estate or trust account is managed in compliance with the governing document, bank policy and procedure, as well as with statutory and common law requirements
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals
- 4+ years of Fiduciary Products experience or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Strong knowledge and understanding of estate, trust, or fiduciary administration
- A BS/BA degree or higher (such as JD/LLM) in law or trust and wealth management
- Certified Trust and Financial Advisor (CTFA)
- Ability to read and interpret legal documents
- Ability to review trust agreement documents and ensure bank compliance
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to exercise independent judgment to identify and resolve problems
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong risk management and compliance skills
Required location listed above. Relocation assistance is available for this position.
This position is not eligible for a Visa sponsorship.
Salary range is determined by the location of the job.
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
Long Beach, California: $80,400.00 - $143,000.00 USD Annual
May be considered for discretionary bonus and sign-on bonusPay Range
$80,400.00 - $143,000.00 AnnualBenefits
Wells Fargo provides all eligible full- and part-time employees with a comprehensive set of benefits designed to protect their physical and financial health and to help them make the most of their financial future.Visit Benefits - Wells Fargo Careers for an overview of the following benefit plans and programs offered to employees.
We Value Diversity
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Critical Caregiving Leave
- Discounts and Savings
- Health Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Scholarships for dependent children
- Adoption Reimbursement
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US:All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.