Job Description: Supported with a robust array of resources and solutions, Advisors at TIAA spend their time deepening relationships with an established base of clients and organically growing their practice through referrals to deliver financial solutions that ignite the dreams of the people we exist to serve.
We are proud that we’ve been recognized for being one of the world’s most ethical companies and ranked by Diversity Inc as a Top 50 Company for diversity. We hire and develop Advisors who believe in our mission of helping our clients find confidence in retirement and who personify our values.
Should the following skills reflect who you are and who you aspire to be, you will thrive as an Advisor at TIAA.
- Deeply curious with a demonstrated ability to uncover the needs of the client
- Giving and receiving constructive feedback are hallmarks of your character
- Unlocking the value of bringing people together to leverage their skills, talents, and knowledge to achieve a common purpose is your north star
- Manages time and resources efficiently and effectively to bring compounding value and excellence to our clients
- Motivated by finding solutions, you maintain an entrepreneurial mindset in pursuit of growth
- Takes tremendous pride in your knowledge of investment solutions and planning prowess to diagnose the needs of clients and propose solutions that fit each client’s unique scenario, and unwavering work ethic
- Thrives in an environment of empowerment and accountability, learns from mistakes, and applies the learning to drive performance
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- The Wealth Management Advisor partners with affluent clients to identify their financial goals, analyze their financial landscape and develop recommendations that help them work towards well defined financial objectives
- Communicates complex financial solutions to clients, utilizing interpersonal communication and relationship building skills
- Builds meaningful and long-lasting relationships, developing and implementing financial appropriate financial solutions
- All licenses must be obtained within 120 days from start date
- University (Degree) preferred
- 5+ years required in a role with personal accountability and managing a book of business or equivalent experience
- 5+ years required building long-lasting relationships with affluent clients or equivalent experience
- SRC Indicator: Series 7; Series 63; Series 65; Series 66
Licenses and Certifications
- Life and Health Insurance License (Resident State) - Multiple Issuers required Certified Financial Planner (CFP) - Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards preferred Or Chartered Financial Analyst - Level I - Chartered Financial Analyst Institute ; If you do not have the CFP or CFA certification, TIAA will cover the cost of obtaining a CFP or CFA and increase your base salary upon successful completion; preferred
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
Our associates are driven by a passion to build a better world, and we know part of being valued is feeling valued. In return, our associates enjoy a robust offering of industry-leading benefits, including a top-tier retirement plan, which provides flexibility, security, and trusted experiences so associates can be their best at work and at home.
We are dedicated to providing a robust array of resources and tools to support our associates and their families – from the expected to the unexpected, and everything in between. Intentionally and thoughtfully designed to support the individual needs of our associates, our benefits offering has been built around a culture of flexibility, learning and development, wellness and much, much more. Tuition Reimbursement program available for those who wish to pursue one.
Base Pay Range: $92,000/yr. - $110,000/yr.
Advisors are eligible to participate in competitive variable compensation package (paid on external sales, book of business, and balanced performance metrics) with material upside potential
Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. In addition to base salary, the competitive compensation package includes eligibility to participate in an incentive program linked to performance (for example, annual discretionary incentive programs, non-annual sales incentive plans, or other non-annual incentive plans).