AssetMark is a leading strategic provider of innovative investment and consulting solutions serving independent financial advisors. We provide investment, relationship, and practice management solutions that advisors use in helping clients achieve wealth, independence, and purpose.The Job/What You'll Do:
The Managing Director, Investment Marketing will be responsible for leading and overseeing the firm's investment marketing efforts related to business development, product marketing, and sales support. Reporting directly to the Chief Client Success Officer, this role will lead key growth initiatives for the business and will be responsible for developing and building marketing campaigns that drive product adoption, support sales goals, and bring new advisors to the AssetMark platform. Using a mix of traditional and digital marketing tactics, the teams reporting up to the Solutions Success Group will work closely with business partners in our sales and product development teams and will help guide the overall client experience with AssetMark.
The ideal candidate is a creative marketer and expert in both product and sales marketing with experience in product marketing in a B2B environment and the ability to create compelling content and data-driven campaigns across channels. Experience in financial services is greatly preferred, but a strong background and passion for marketing is essential.This is a full-time position in our Concord, CA office with a hybrid work schedule.Responsibilities:
- Working closely with product management, develop strategic marketing campaigns to bring new investment and technology solutions to market and drive ongoing adoption
- Oversee the development and execution of a plan to drive advisor growth on the AssetMark platform utilizing a variety of marketing campaigns and tactics
- Partner with sales and sales enablement teams to help build a strong field marketing team that creates relevant content and supports sales goals and activities
- Create a compelling content strategy attached to metrics and usage
- Measure, track, and be accountable for business growth outcomes and implement and plan to track and report progress over time
- Collaborate closely with other marketing teams to ensure consistency of message and tone in the marketplace and to create cross-functional campaigns
- Lead a high-performing team and develop top talent to further their growth in the firm
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proven track record running successful digital and product marketing campaigns
- Creative approach to marketing and content creation
- Demonstrated experience working with sales teams and collaborating closely on sales marketing campaigns and initiatives
- Strong writing skills in various formats
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills (high EQ)
- Ability to express ideas clearly both verbally and in writing
- Strong organizational leadership
- Critical thinker and highly data-driven
- Bias for action to problem solve & get things done.
- Excitement for learning, open to new experiences and challenges in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, or related field; MBA or master's degree in relevant field preferred
- 15+ years' experience in B2B marketing
- Experience working with financial advisors highly preferred
- CFP, CIMA, or other financial industry certifications a plus
- Experience leading both product and sales marketing functions preferred
- Knowledge of marketing automation platform experience such as Salesforce, HubSpot, Vidyard, Zoom, and other marketing technologies.
Compensation: The Base Salary range for this position is between $180,000-$210,000.
This information reflects a base salary range that AssetMark reasonably expects to pay for the position based on a number of factors which may include job-related knowledge, skills, education, experience, and actual work location. This position will also be eligible for additional variable incentive compensation and competitive benefits.
#LI-hybridWho We Are & What We Offer:
AssetMark's mission is centered around helping financial advisors make a difference in the lives of their clients. To help them do that, we aim to provide advisors with holistic support. We offer compelling technology that facilitates a better client experience, consulting services that ensure advisors' businesses are running at their best and a comprehensive suite of investment solutions. AssetMark's platform empowers advisors to provide the highest level of service possible to their clients.
AssetMark's culture is driven by our mission and connected by our values; Heart, Integrity, Excellence and Respect. You will join a team that lives these values every day by doing the best and what is right in all we do and encouraging different ideas for continual success and innovation. Additionally, we offer a wide range of benefits to meet the needs of our team members and their families.
- Flex Time Off or Paid Time/Sick Time Off
- 401K - 6% Employer Match
- Medical, Dental, Vision - HDHP or PPO
- HSA - Employer contribution (HDHP only)
- Volunteer Time Off
- Career Development / Recognition
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Hybrid Work Schedule
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, AssetMark is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued.