Our firm is the largest women-led RIA in the nation. Across 45 offices in the United States, managing more than $25B in assets, we are consistently recognized through various awards and publications as a top-tier Registered Investment Advisor. There are many benefits that come with our size and experience. Our firm has internal resources like access to institutional-quality investments, marketing support and more. Our office in Skokie, IL is run by one of our Partners and Managing Directors, Heather O’Neill Fairbanks. She has been working with clients for over 30 years and has a true passion around helping women as clients, as well as supporting female talent in the advisory space. She is an avid networker and has given her time to many associations and groups through the years. One of the areas she is most passionate about is mentoring and she’s looking forward to the opportunity to work closely with this next hire, who will help support our nearly 200 families and join forces with her to expand the client set.
We are seeking an experienced Wealth Advisor with a strong background in relationship management and financial planning. You will provide advisory services and support to an existing set of high-net-worth clients, while deepening and expanding those relationships. Our clients include high net worth individuals and their families, with complex retirement and estate planning concerns. The primary responsibilities will be to prepare for and actively participate in client meetings, take notes, follow up on any action items, taking ownership to manage client expectations and deliverables. You will also prepare financial plans, portfolio analyses, investment recommendations, and research clients' technical questions.
You have enough experience in front of clients that you are confident in almost any scenario, particularly with high-net-worth clients. You are an extraordinary communicator and calm under pressure. You have a high degree of empathy, and people trust you easily because you are genuine and live to serve others. You are a self-starter, taking initiative and having impeccable follow-through. You pay great attention to detail. You want to be a master of your craft, and you are the type of person who is always looking to better yourself. You are always looking for ways we can improve our client experience and education.
- Engage directly with clients to understand their financial objectives and concerns; effectively manage the client relationship and show accountability for retention.
- Retain and enhance client relationships through ongoing education, excellent service, and ensuring an exceptional client experience
- Prepare agendas for client meetings and ensure timely completion of post-meeting action items
- Complete financial planning analyses and wealth management activities. Ensure client assets are invested in alignment with their risk tolerance and goals, coordinating with our trade team
- Gather data from clients and analyze their current financial situation. Strategic development of comprehensive financial plans that align with their goals, recommend appropriate solutions, and assist with plan implementation
- Collaborate with the support team to deliver prompt and thorough client service
- Work with clients’ other professionals, such as attorneys and CPAs, to provide holistic financial solutions
- Develop relationships with Centers of Influence to obtain potential client referrals
- Developing business through retail custodial branches at Charles Schwab, Fidelity, and TD Ameritrade
- Identify opportunities to expand existing client relationships by ensuring they are taking full advantage of our various services; proactively seek referrals from clients to generate new business
- Maintain accurate records of client interactions and information in the CRM system
- Representing the firm in a positive and professional manner
- Additional duties may entail participation in team projects and assisting with initiatives designed to streamline firm policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in finance, financial planning, or a related field required
- CFP® or CFA designation highly preferred
- 5+ years of experience in financial planning or investment management with demonstrated ability to develop and manage client relationships
- Experience with qualified plans preferred
- Experience working with various custodial platforms (Schwab, Fidelity, etc.)
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- A genuine interest in serving and caring for clients
- Subject matter expert in financial planning and complex client cases
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, listening, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent time management and strong organizational skills, and ability to prioritize multiple tasks and anticipate potential problems
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and able to manage and prioritize tasks