Our 11-week summer intern program provides real-life experience in a collaborative and inclusive environment. Over the course of your internship, you will gain exposure to leaders, cultivate your business knowledge, work on projects that directly impact the business you support, and network in a welcoming atmosphere. Ameriprise Financial, Columbia Threadneedle Investments and RiverSource Insurance offers employees the opportunity to grow and develop personally and professionally in a flexible work environment designed to support individual needs. As you spend the summer with us, learning and growing, you’ll also spend time getting to know your fellow interns during team building exercises. With access to our Business Resource Networks – which includes the Black Employee Network, Young Professionals Network, PRIDE Network – you will increase your own sense of belonging and engage in important networking and development opportunities. Embark as an intern with us this summer and lay the foundation for your future.
Ready to launch your career? Join the Ameriprise Financial internship program where we offer meaningful work in a FORTUNE 500® company within the Financial Services industry!
Advice & Wealth Management (AWM) Business Development and Operations is the growth engine for Ameriprise Financial and approximately 10,000 branded financial advisors who help clients plan to achieve their dreams and financial goals and a dedicated corporate staff focused on driving profitable growth in the employee and franchise advisor platforms.
Responsibilities vary depending on assigned projects(s) and may include:
- Coordinate with project leader to create and manage project plans and deliverables for advisors and internal stakeholders
- Send communications and gather input from key stakeholders in projects/ on team
- Partner with events group both on team and corporate event team to plan and execute on department and advisor Town Halls and other sales oriented events
- Examples of past intern projects include:
- Assist with Team Hall of Fame updates that showcase success stories and career path opportunities for internal team members
- Create and administer team contests
- Collaborate on Town Halls / Events preparation support including assisting with strategy discussions, planning logistics, and execution of events
- Current Junior at a 4-year university pursuing a bachelor’s degree.
- Graduation date of December 2024 or May/June 2025
- High degree of self-motivation with strong integrity and ethics
- Proven organization skills and ability to manage time effectively
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability to work and communicate collaboratively and constructively with others
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
The company does not offer corporate undergraduate internships for students with F-1 visas.