What The Role Is
A Linscomb & Williams Wealth Advisor II (WA II) is in the beginning stages of the client book building process, working closely with others from the firm’s Wealth Advisory team to engage with existing and prospective clients. A WA I’s primary focus is client book development, and they should demonstrate a baseline ability to manage and lead client relationships, working initially as a secondary advisor while quickly developing their skill set and ability to lead new and existing client relationships more autonomously. WA I’s are strongly encouraged to continue developing their relationship management, business development, and technical skill sets.
How You will Make an Impact
- Demonstrate an ability to provide strategic and tactical leadership for the L&W client relationships they serve.
- Work closely with clients and prospective clients of the firm to identify, refine and update key goals and objectives.
- Help lead the development and implementation of a client’s holistic and personalized plan, including portfolio allocation and the client’s overall wealth planning needs.
- Outline and refine a prioritized action plan for achieving client goals and objectives. Update client action plans as needed, reviewing such plans with clients at least annually.
- Routinely engage with clients in a proactive manner, utilizing the firm’s CRM and other software/systems to develop a routine process for tracking client communication, engagement, and specific advice related matters.
- Engage proactively with clients, reaching out on specifically tasked items related to their portfolio or overall plan, as well as to simply connect more personally, building trust and a broader relationship with clients over time.
- Remain “on call” and proactively poised to respond to client questions, concerns, and other servicing needs.
- Work closely with the L&W Wealth Advisor Team Lead, as well as other Senior and Veteran L&W Wealth Advisors to further develop skill set and experience.
- Actively coordinate with all L&W internal teams (Investment, Wealth Planning, Operations, Trading, Client Service, etc.) to implement client portfolio solutions, planning needs, and ongoing client servicing needs.
- Collaborate with client’s other professionals, such as their CPA, estate attorney, insurance agents, and/or banker, “quarterbacking” the overall engagement and implementation of a client’s holistic plan.
- Work to identify and pursue share of wallet opportunities with existing clients, including development of ongoing savings plans where applicable.
- Achieve a high level of client retention in line with the firm’s long-run history of low client turnover.
- Participate and be a valuable contributor in various Wealth Advisory team and related committee level meetings.
- Understand and support the firm’s vision, mission, and strategy, supporting the overall L&W team and clients, integrating well into the culture of the firm.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or university, preferably in Financial Planning, Wealth Management, Finance, Accounting, or another business-related degree.
- A minimum of three to five years related professional work experience
- Stable work history and consistent demonstration of high-level performance
- CFP® or similar, well-recognized industry designation
- Team engagement and buy-in
- Strategic and tactical leadership with clients
- Proactive client engagement and outreach
- Consistency with firm policy and best practice
- Book revenue and AUM growth to support WA I book development
- Client retention rate
- Proactive and strong work ethic
- Ability to multi‐task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and other firm software/systems
- Strong writing and presenting skills