This Private Client Advisor role is an ideal opportunity for a highly motivated professional to join a growing and respected Private Client practice at Osterweis Capital Management, a federally registered investment advisor managing individually managed accounts and mutual funds. This professional will serve existing and prospective clients of the firm in coordination with other members of the private client group with an exemplary degree of professionalism and compassion to which Osterweis is committed. This individual will have a broad understanding of wealth management practices and investment strategies. The ideal candidate will also have extensive financial planning experience. A strong team player and communicator, the Private Client Advisor will partner actively across Osterweis’ dynamic platform to deliver an outstanding client experience. This is an ideal opportunity for someone interested in expanding their skill set in wealth management and financial planning.
Osterweis Capital Management takes inclusion seriously and expects every team member to share the company’s values and to respect differences in the pursuit of our shared goals.
- Assume primary responsibility as lead advisor for a designated group of clients. Duties include:
- Maintaining regular communication with the client.
- Effectively articulating the firm’s investment strategies, philosophy, and macroeconomic views.
- Delivery of the wealth management services to the client including:
- Discussing clients' financial goals and educating clients on various ways to accomplish them with different investment types and explaining how each can benefit, or hinder, the client's objectives.
- Assessing the appropriate risk appetite of each client, while considering the client's long- and short-term goals, family status, age, employment and expenses to give the most accurate advice.
- Identify client needs and concerns, and articulate investment recommendations that can best help the client meet their goals.
- Support other client facing members of the Private Client Group in the servicing of client relationships.
- Provide financial planning advice and deliverables for use with clients and prospective clients including financial planning analysis and preparation of financial plans.
- Contribute to the business development strategy of the Private Client Group including (1) building and maintaining relationships with accountants, estate planning attorneys, professional fiduciaries, and other centers of influence, (2) assisting in the preparation of investment management proposals, and (3) analyzing portfolios of prospective clients.
- Maintain accurate, thorough, and useful records of client interactions and requests and proactively communicate actions items and compliance matters to appropriate internal departments of the firm.
- Develop strong working partnerships with key internal departments of the firm.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER® designation or equivalent.
6+ years of relevant work experience in wealth management/investment management.
- Deep understanding of ethics rules and "fiduciary duty" to ensure the financial well-being of the client.
- Strong understanding of capital markets, asset allocation, financial and investment planning.
- Comfortable discussing financial markets, portfolio construction and risk.
- Ability to make sound decisions and recommendations based on deep understanding of investment management best practices and policies/procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills both externally with clients and internally with colleagues.
- Superior computer skills including advanced MS Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat and Salesforce.
- Commitment to excellence as reflected in high attention to detail, accuracy and organizational skills with consistent follow-through.
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
The work location for this position will be OCM’s office at One Maritime Plaza, Suite 800, San Francisco, CA. When the company’s office is closed, either due to COVID-19 or other events beyond control, your work location may be remote within California for an undetermined period of time. When the Company’s office is open, in-office work is at the discretion of the manager. A fully remote or hybrid schedule can be requested through the Company’s Remote Work Program when eligible.