The Wealth Planner is responsible for delivering financial planning experience to Key Private Bank (KPB) clients and prospects. The Wealth Planner will work closely with Relationship Managers to acquire and deepen relationships by increasing planning engagement with existing clients, and support prospect and Centers of Influence (COI) engagements. The Wealth Planner is expected to support essential planning opportunities and lead advanced planning conversations, including risk management, estate and wealth transfer planning. In addition, the Planner is expected to contribute to internal and client-facing content development. The Wealth Planner will partner with Market Leaders, Regional Directors, Fiduciary and Portfolio Strategists and collaborate with Central Planning, to prepare, deliver and implement advice.
•Actively participate in prospect, client, and centers of influence (COI) meetings as financial planning expert.
•Lead prospect, client and COI planning engagements when advising on advanced planning priorities.
•Collaborate with Relationship Managers to proactively reach out to clients to advise on age milestone, life events, and children/wealth planning opportunities.
•Partner with Fiduciary, Insurance, Investment teammates to deliver the Key Planning experience to prospects, clients, COIs, etc.
•Provide in-market financial planning support and coaching to Relationship Managers to advance their planning acumen.
•Work with Market Leaders and partners to develop Relationship Manager skills focused on essential planning priorities.
•Support internal and external planning content development projects.
•Contribute thought leadership on planning to Key Wealth Institute.
Required for All Jobs
•Performs other duties as assigned; duties, responsibilities and/or activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice
•Complies with all KeyBank policies and procedures, including without limitation, acting professionally at all times, conducting business ethically, avoiding conflicts of interest, and acting in the best interests of Key’s clients and Key.
- Bachelor's Degree, Business Major required
- 3+ years in financial planning capacity - providing financial planning advice to affluent clients required or 5+ years as financial advisor - providing holistic, planning-based advice required
Licenses and Certifications
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) required
- Expertise in goals-based planning process, including discovery, plan development and delivery.
- Ability to coach advisors on the planning process - technical and consultative.
- Experience in modeling estate, wealth transfer, multi-generational, liquidity event scenarios.
- Proficiency with planning tools (software) required. MoneyGuide, Wealth Studios preferred.
- Proven track record of working with high and ultra-high net worth families.
- Strong team player, responsive partner and effective collaborator.
- Experience working with CRM tools.
- Supports a culture of collaboration and implements methods for people to come together to make decisions, solve problems, and develop products/service; establishes shared goals to foster collaboration and ensures everyone can access the same information and provide input
- Critical Thinking
- The ability to evaluate past performance for future insights, assess and validate options and predict their impact, and use effective critical thinking approaches, such as consulting, commanding, or obtaining consensus
- Possesses a solid ability to use message tailoring and probing questions to garner support from various stakeholders; may coach others on improving their own tools and techniques for persuasion
- Problem Solving
- Leverages varying problem-solving approaches and techniques to analyze and synthesize information and devise resolution strategies; ensure capture of lessons learned from the problem-solving effort
- Business Acumen: Demonstrates a big picture understanding of the business, its interrelationships, and priorities; demonstrates strong foundations of business fundamentals, measurement, and business finance
- Oral & Written Communication: Develops a clear, complete understanding of needs and problems through careful listening, probing, reflecting, and summarizing; conducts discussions that are sincere and fully expressed
- Risk Management: Establishes business-specific risk management benchmarks and measures key benefits and drawbacks of risk management practices; demonstrates a strong risk management mindset
- Storytelling: Uses a range of stories to consistently persuade clients and team members on a variety of business issues; achieves measured increases in audience buy-in via storytelling
- All KeyBank employees are expected to demonstrate Key’s Values and sustain proficiency in identified Leadership Competencies.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / DRIVING and TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
Physical Demands - General Office
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Prolonged sitting, ability to communicate face to face in person or on the phone with teammates and clients, frequent use of PC/laptop, occasional lifting/pushing/pulling of backpacks, computer bags up to 10 lbs.
- Ability to routinely and frequently operate a motor vehicle with a valid driver's license.
- Occasional travel to include overnight stay.