We are excited to announce that our team is growing! We are seeking an experienced Associate Advisor who is passionate about helping others achieve their financial goals. In this role, you will support the senior wealth managers in managing existing client relationships while deepening your financial planning skills and experience. There is no selling required for this position.
By hiring inspired people, giving them interesting work with innovative tools, and letting them have flexibility to complete their work, we’ve found a positive and sustainable way to grow.
Who We Are
We are a fee-only fiduciary wealth management firm offering financial & tax planning, investment management and tax preparation. Our mission is to Appreciate the Wealth in Our Lives ™.
We understand that busy professionals experience financial transitions throughout their lives and value a trusted partner to help them navigate these decisions. Whether it is second-guessing long-standing financial decisions around taxes or equity compensation, just starting out in a career or new business venture, preparing for retirement, losing a spouse, or saving for college, we are there to support our clients.
We employ state-of-the-art tools and resources to support your efforts, ensuring you are set up for success. We work as a team and support the flexibility employees seek. We provide a comfortable, professional, work environment in three locations: Farmington, CT, Morristown, NJ and Burlington, MA.
Lastly, we believe that a party without cake is just a meeting. Our team enjoys sharing good food, surrounded by great people, and achieving incredible results for our clients.
Who You Are
You are passionate about helping others and creating a superb client experience that will support the firm’s continued growth. You share our commitment to understanding, caring for, and guiding our clients in making financial decisions. Exceptional detail orientation comes naturally to you. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy problem solving and developing ways to enhance the client experience. You possess excellent interpersonal and communications skills to communicate effectively with clients, colleagues, and people across all levels of the business, particularly when discussing confidential matters.
Associate Planner Responsibilities include:
· Gather, organize, and review client data, and provide planning and research support the firm’s wealth managers.
· Maintain client relationships by developing and deepening connections. Provide exceptional client service through in-person, phone, and email communications with clients.
· Prepare for and attend client meetings, take notes, and ensure follow-up tasks and action items are completed.
· Create investment policy statements and portfolio asset allocation reports.
· Understand and support the firm’s vision, mission, and strategy.
Required skills and knowledge
· B.A. or B.S.; advanced degree/designation, a plus (e.g., MBA, CFA, CPA, etc.)
· FINRA Series 65 license
· Minimum 2 years of experience in financial planning
· Successful completion of the CFP® exam
· Knowledge of and ability to comply with SEC/Firm compliance regulations
· Exceptional listening, written, and oral communication skills
· Superb attention to detail
· Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills to manage multiple deadlines and complete projects accurately
· Demonstrated problem-solving and critical thinking skills
· Proficiency with computer programs, including MS Office Suite (advanced Excel skills required), MoneyGuidePro or familiarity with other financial planning software, and CRM systems; the ability to learn new software quickly
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If what you’ve read resonates with you, we encourage you to apply.