Responsible for programs that increase CFP® brand awareness among consumers and other brand health measures among target audiences. The programs include a multi-million-dollar annual advertising campaign, public relations and communications, consumer-facing website (Letsmakeaplan.org), essential research (primary, secondary, and competitive), and analytics to support the public awareness campaign goals and performance. Working cross-functionally and in close collaboration with agency partners, this role will champion the strategy, planning and execution for the CFP® certification and CFP Board brands’ messaging and creative treatment across all awareness marketing and communications vehicles and deliverables. The Director is the brand steward ensuring consumer awareness of CFP® certification as the standard of excellence for competent and ethical financial planning.
- Develop/improve, plan, and implement the public awareness campaign and its programs to achieve stated organizational goals.
- Manage advertising agency to create, test and implement annual advertising campaign within budget and schedule.
- Oversee communication activities that support and complement the advertising campaign and ongoing consumer awareness of CFP® certification.
- Manage the volunteer CFP Board Ambassador program, assign consumer-focused content articles to be written for Letsmakeaplan.org, track media engagement, host quarterly webinars to foster engagement and deliver relevant volunteer resources, and produce monthly volunteer e-newsletter.
- Evaluate and edit consumer content for Letsmakeaplan.org, consumer-focused placed articles and press releases to ensure brand messaging and positioning.
- Manage monthly consumer e-newsletter featuring content from Letsmakeaplan.org.
- Direct the design, content, functionality, and outcomes of Letsmakeaplan.org, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of content and positive user experience.
- Leverage consumer insights and research to drive creative development, placement, and positioning.
- Identify secondary research data and manage primary marketing research programs that advance and support advertising strategy.
- Pursue and synthesize research and analytic insights to track performance, solve business problems and, as appropriate, recommend actions to achieve goals.
- Implement ongoing consumer and/or user testing of programs (advertising, communications, website) as appropriate.
- Present qualitative and quantitative data in a meaningful, audience-relevant manner.
- Conduct competitive analysis of CFP® certification mind share and positioning annually and provide recommendations for improvements, if any.
- Adopt ongoing evaluation and analysis of activities and outcomes and provide accurate, insightful information to executives.
- Ensure the delivery of quality, high-impact programs in advertising that elevate awareness, preference, and intent to use CFP® professionals.
- Prepare, write and edit communications and presentations related to the campaign for the Executive Leadership Team and the Board of Directors.
- Ensure budget and schedule compliance and provide regular briefings.
- Drive the internal process of approvals and coordinate the logistics of campaign launches.
- Evaluate agencies' performance and provide recommendations for improvement and other courses of action.
- Collaborate with teams across the organization, including Legal/Compliance and Finance, for contract negotiations and agency Scope of Work (SOW) implementation.
- Work with marketing and communications colleagues and core business teams to translate short and long-term goals into successful creative across all channels – offline and online.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Business, or related field; master’s degree a plus.
- 7+ years of marketing experience in advertising or brand management, including corporate and/or agency experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in functional roles, successfully leading large-scale multi-million strategic campaigns.
- Business acumen, intellectual curiosity and corporate maturity are essential.
- Experience creating integrated campaigns across multiple media types and understanding how creative can be effective across varying media channels.
- Experience developing a national media strategy, working with agencies on media buying and having a solid understanding of media performance measures.
- Strong analytical skills, comfortable reviewing and analyzing performance metrics and ability to pivot according to data insights.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Aptitude for problem-solving, consensus-building, and inspiring others to achieve great work.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; capable of working independently and being a self-starter.
- Ability to oversee, interpret and utilize effective market research.
- Experience developing positive and productive agency and vendor relationships.
- Ability to adapt to changes quickly, agility in strategic thinking and tactical implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Flair for negotiating, persuading, and networking.
- Proficient with all standard office software, especially PowerPoint presentation skills.
This position is based in the Washington D.C. office and works a hybrid schedule which could be changed at any time.
To apply, submit your resume and one-page letter summarizing your interest, qualifications, and salary expectations.