Under the direction of the IT director, will work collaboratively with internal staff and external partners to ensure the smooth operation of the IT infrastructure (workstations, network services, audio-visual systems, and telecommunications). Candidate will ensure timely response and resolution to IT Help Desk tickets, promoting a culture of customer service and satisfaction for our stakeholders. This is a full-time onsite 5-days a week position at CFP Board headquarters in Washington, D.C.
- Serve as the first point of contact for technical troubleshooting of IT workstations, including laptops, phones, and peripherals.
- Support the IT operations supervisor in establishing and maintaining a high level of staff satisfaction relating to PCs, network services, telecommunications, and audio-visual systems.
- Collaborate with the Managed Service Provider (MSP), IT network services, and technical facilities staff, nurturing a customer-service culture among the team.
- Proactively collaborate with the MSP and facilities staff to take on IT support tickets as they come in and ensure timely completion and effective customer communication.
- Provide guidance and technical support for Zoom and Teams online meetings: training, scheduling, meeting set-up, presenting, recording, and troubleshooting.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation and FAQs to enable staff to address common issues without IT assistance.
- Develop and conduct routine training for staff on available IT tools and services.
- Minimum 2 years of hands-on IT support experience.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Microsoft 365.
- Experience with Service Desk/Help Desk ticketing and triage.
- Technical infrastructure experience, including:
- VoIP Telephones
- AV including online conferencing, in-person, and hybrid AV meetings
- Printer support
- Wired and wireless network connectivity
- General PC, laptop, and peripheral support
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Excellent critical thinking, with a proactive approach to identifying issues and presenting solutions and options.
- Ability to be flexible, set priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must be physically able to deliver and install computer equipment and printers.
- Must be able to crawl under desks for installation process.
- Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Occasional overtime and travel may be required including on-call support, early mornings, late evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
- 2-4 prior years’ experience preferred.
- B.S./B.A. in Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent technical experience.
- Professional Technical certifications including A+, Network+, MCP, Azure, Zoom Rooms, CCNA.
- Experience with RingCentral VOIP, Zoom, and Microsoft Teams video calling.
The Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards (“CFP Board”) - headquartered in Washington, D.C.-is the certifying body for financial planning professionals. It is a non-profit organization that fosters professional standards in personal financial planning through its setting and enforcement of the education, examination, experience, ethics, and other requirements for the position.
To Apply: Submit your resume and one-page letter summarizing your interest, qualifications, and salary expectations.
This position is based in the Washington D.C. office and works a 5-day schedule in the office.